Friday is here and, as always, so is your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. Is 2020 over yet? Please tell me it’s over … Here’s your prompt for this week:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “opt.” Use it as a word or find a word with “opt” in it and base your post on that. Have fun!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here to this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our beautiful SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: #SoCS: Our choices make our lives (with bonus pics from Saguaro National Park) - Janet Alcorn
Pingback: Late #SoCS 11/28/20 – Optimism | My Rattled Cage – What has me rattled today?
Pingback: A Birthday Interview with a Baby of the Baby-Boomers – Quaint Revival
Pingback: Optimism, Options and Optics – bernmusings
November 29, 2020 at 3:59 am
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness NaNo Word Count | Darswords
November 29, 2020 at 2:31 am
Pingback: SoCS- Nov 28 – Options – ❀ Welcome To LSS Attitude of Gratitude❀
Pingback: ADOPT: Just my thought – My Musings
Pingback: #SoCS – Optimism |
Pingback: Red-Tailed Hawk | lifelessons – a blog by Judy Dykstra-Brown
Pingback: OPTions | Coffee in the Rain
Pingback: Where and What Is It? | revivedwriter
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Nov. 28/2020-Some of our greatest blessings call us grandpa, and grandma – Weirds Are Word
Pingback: SoCS: for the birds – Top of JC's Mind
Pingback: #SoCS Nov. 28/2020 – Stine Writing
Pingback: #SoCS: Our choices make our lives (with bonus pics from Saguaro National Park) – Janet Crum
Pingback: Helicopter – Stream of Consciousness Saturday – opt | teleportingweena
Pingback: Opt In – catchingallthedreams
November 28, 2020 at 10:38 am
My pingback didn’t work.
Pingback: SoCS – I Can See Clearly Now – From Cave Walls
November 28, 2020 at 8:48 am
Pingback: Stream Of Consciousnesses Saturday- November 28, 2020 – Keep it alive
Pingback: opting in – defying atrophy
Pingback: SoCS: Family Options, Letters from Vietnam, and a Thanksgiving Day Hike | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: Keeping Options Open – Family Matters
Pingback: SOCS- ‘Opt’ – It's me 4 u!
Pingback: #SoCs: Opt! – Therapy Bits
Pingback: Option [SOCS] | Light Motifs II
Pingback: SoCS — I’ve Got Options – This, That, and The Other
Pingback: Optics and Upticks – Ruth Blogs Here
Pingback: #SoCS Nov. 28/2020 – Mukhamani
Pingback: I Can See Safely Now – #SoCS – No Facilities
Pingback: #SoCS ~ 11/28/20 – J-Dubs Grin and Bear It
Pingback: SoCS 11-28-20 – Opt – The Bag Lady
Pingback: Ogden Nash #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: SoCS – your default is out of whack – Riddle from the Middle
Pingback: Free Will – Debbie Gravett
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Nov. 28/2020 – Opt | But I Smile Anyway...
Pingback: Opt to opt in – Leaking Ink
Pingback: It’s not Optional – Live Love Laugh Learn
November 27, 2020 at 11:07 am
So many options to choose from 😉
See you tomorrow, Linda.
LikeLiked by 1 person