Hello, Friday, and hello, you! I’m here with your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. Having a quiet morning with Winston and coffee while Alex sleeps in. How’s your morning? Here’s your prompt for this week:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “list.” Make or talk about a list. Enjoy!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here to this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our beautiful SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: #SoCs- Ornamental Tales – Culture Shocks
Pingback: Decidedly December – 2020 | Janet's Smiles
Pingback: SoCS~ List – Margret's Life Journey
Pingback: #SoCS Dec. 5/2020 – Mukhamani
Pingback: Empty Nest Santa Confesses to Losing Spirit of The List – Quaint Revival
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday — List | Darswords
Pingback: A Time and Place for Lists – bernmusings
December 5, 2020 at 7:39 pm
[…] The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Dec. 5/2020 […]
Pingback: Mattering – Debbie Gravett
Pingback: The Onus of a List | revivedwriter
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Dec. 5/2020- God take my will, and my life according to your plan – Weirds Are Word
December 5, 2020 at 1:56 pm
Some seasonal thoughts on ‘lists”: https://sparksfromacombustiblemind.com/2020/12/05/socs-prompt-the-list/
Pingback: SoCS Prompt – the LIST | sparksfromacombustiblemind
Pingback: Lists – Stream of Consciousness Saturday | teleportingweena
Pingback: Almost A to Z time! #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: List of lists – Live Love Laugh Learn
Pingback: SoCS December 5, 2020 – List – The Bag Lady
Pingback: #SoCS 12/5/20 – List for Sobriety | My Rattled Cage – What has me rattled today?
Pingback: 🍎🏞️🌻Making Lists and Moving Ahead!! 🌾🏕️🍒 – What if We all Cared?
Pingback: My Love of a List – Ruth Blogs Here
Pingback: SoCS: cards – Top of JC's Mind
Pingback: SoCS: The List – sixty, single and surviving
Pingback: Love It Or – A Unique Title For Me
Pingback: SoCS — The List Maker – This, That, and The Other
December 5, 2020 at 9:27 am
Pingback @ https://indishe.wordpress.com/2020/12/05/the-friday-reminder-and-prompt-for-socs-dec-5-2020/
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Dec. 5/2020 – theindieshe
Pingback: SoCS: Compatibility, Snoring, Melatonin, and the Magic Desk | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: SoCS – Check it off the List – From Cave Walls
Pingback: I Believe It’s Time For Me To Fly – Family Matters
Pingback: Stream Of Consciousnesses Saturday- 5 December 2020 – Keep it alive
Pingback: Target Run Happening 🎶 | Light Motifs II
Pingback: #SoCS: The UnreaLISTic | Mary J Melange
December 5, 2020 at 5:10 am
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Prompt “List” | Fiction Favorites
Pingback: Midweek Puzzle – #SoCS – No Facilities
Pingback: #SoCS ~ 12/5/20 – J-Dubs Grin and Bear It
Pingback: Socs-‘List’ – It's me 4 u!
Pingback: SoCS- List- Dec. 4/5 – ❀ Welcome To LSS Attitude of Gratitude❀
Pingback: SoCS – ’tis the season for list making like a maniac – Riddle from the Middle
Pingback: #SoCS Dec. 5/2020 – List | But I Smile Anyway...
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Dec. 5/2020 | willowdot21
Pingback: #SoCs: What I am grateful for – Therapy Bits
Pingback: Top Of My Wish List | Notes Tied On The Sagebrush