It’s Friday! And I’m here with your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. People south of here are shoveling out from under feet of snow, and I can still see my grass. But it’s cold! I think I’d rather have the snow … just not too much. Here’s your prompt for this week:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “magnet.” Use it any way you’d like. Enjoy!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here to this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our beautiful SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: A friend magnet – Live Love Laugh Learn
Pingback: #SoCS Dec. 19/2020 – Mukhamani
Pingback: Our Next-Door Neighbor – Culture Shocks
Pingback: Magnetic thoughts on togetherness align in our empty nest – Quaint Revival
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday–Magnet | Darswords
Pingback: Magnet for the marginalized - My journey to a butterfly
Pingback: SoCS– “magnet” – Salted Caramel
December 19, 2020 at 7:16 pm
Pingback: This Music is a Magnet | revivedwriter
Pingback: Magnets are Creepy – Stream of Consciousness Saturday | teleportingweena
December 19, 2020 at 3:17 pm
Here’s mine Linda …
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Dec. 19/2020-Jesus Freak – Weirds Are Word
Pingback: Dust Magnet! #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: personal ad: looking for love – Tina Stewart Brakebill
December 19, 2020 at 10:17 am
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: Irresistible – Debbie Gravett
Pingback: SoCS magnet — 12.19.20 – wtf Am I On About Now?
Pingback: The Joy of Magnets – catchingallthedreams
Pingback: laws of attraction – #SoCS – defying atrophy
Pingback: Stream Of Consciousnesses Saturday- 19 December 2020 – Keep it alive
Pingback: Fandango at the Wall – A Unique Title For Me
December 19, 2020 at 7:23 am
Hi there, happy Saturday to you all despite everything. I’ve taken part after a very long time, however, my blog is now private so you need to sign up to read. Please let me know at bee.halton(at)gmail.com if you can’t do it via the page. Then I send you an invitation. Sorry for the inconvenience
Pingback: Chick Magnet [SOCS] | Light Motifs II
Pingback: SoCS — Magnetic Charge – This, That, and The Other
Pingback: SoCS – Wooly Willy – From Cave Walls
Pingback: #SoCS ~ 12/19/20 – J-Dubs Grin and Bear It
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Prompt – Magnet | Fiction Favorites
Pingback: Skippy is Right? – SoCS – No Facilities
Pingback: SoCS – 12-19-20 – Magnet – The Bag Lady
Pingback: Drawn To It | MY ENDURING BONES
Pingback: Where is that darn magnet? | Tournesol dans un Jardin
Pingback: SoCS – it’s definitely the little things – Riddle from the Middle
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Dec. 19/2020 | willowdot21
Pingback: #SoCs – Like a magnet! – Therapy Bits
Pingback: Socs- magnet – It's me 4 u!
Pingback: SoCS: Magnets, Manifesting, and the Star | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: #SoCS Dec. 19/2020 – Magnet | But I Smile Anyway...
Pingback: Magnetic Fields | Notes Tied On The Sagebrush
December 18, 2020 at 1:39 pm
Oh I shall join in! Scheduling my post now! ❤
LikeLiked by 1 person
December 18, 2020 at 9:50 am
hopefully this is scheduled for tomorrow!