Time moves in a strange sort of way when there are so many holidays clumped together, doesn’t it? So I was surprised at how fast Friday seemed to get here this week – and with it, time for your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt! It’s been a while since I left the prompt open for many interpretations. I’ve decided to do just that this week.
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “t.” Think of a word that starts with it or includes it, and write away! Have fun!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here at this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use the SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” or “Begin with the word ‘The’.”
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments, for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. Have fun!
Pingback: SoCS, Mr T and a cup of T – The Bee Writes…
Pingback: SoCS cele — 3.2.19 – This Just SoCS
Pingback: Tangential thinking – WTF? Just SoCS
Pingback: Healing is a Process. All Body Parts Welcome! | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: T is for Tomorrow | What oft was thought
Pingback: Prompts and Challenges | Books, Music, Photography, & Movies
Pingback: Second-Serving Sunday (dang! Monday, again!): Hello, 2015 Edition! | shanjeniah
Pingback: Trees | Tish Farrell
Pingback: Tee – SoC | martha0stout
January 5, 2015 at 6:40 am
First time for me and the 1st of the year but I like the idea of soc to stir the creative juices – great meme
January 5, 2015 at 3:44 pm
Thank you, Laura! 😀
Pingback: A tall tale of tittle-tattle | Tell Tale Therapy
Pingback: T is for Terrific | Traces of the Soul
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: Ciphers, Cipherin’, and the A to Z Challenge | The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: It’s a SoCS/JusJoJan 3 Twofer | lindaghill
Pingback: “T” in 3 Parts – SoCS | Leigh Michaels
Pingback: SoCS and JusJoJan Day 3: T’Pol’s Got a Bathtub?! (and other fan-fiction bizarities)… | shanjeniah
Pingback: Twisted Threads | dreamsinalaska
Pingback: Tangential thinking | wtf Am I On About Now?
Pingback: SoCS January 3/15 — to a T | Promptly Written
Pingback: SoCS — To my Teenaged self… | Forty, c'est Fantastique !
January 3, 2015 at 1:13 pm
Hi Linda, I don’t know why, but the link was teasing me today, so here you get it: http://irenedesign2011.com/2015/01/03/the-small-things-this-post-is-part-of-socs/
January 3, 2015 at 12:36 pm
This topic met me exactly where I was. Or rather, I took this prompt exactly where I wanted to be. Either way, I’m feeling this one. Happy New Year 🙂
Pingback: CommiTTmenT (You Don’t Need New Year’s Resolutions) | Pavorisms
Pingback: Tangerines are from Tangiers | Notes Tied On The Sagebrush
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday–“Transcendence” | Silver Threading
Pingback: Chai Tea Anyone? | This Thing Called Life One Word at a Time
Pingback: SoCS: The T is silent | Top of JC's Mind
Pingback: Suits me to a T | Mindful Digressions
Pingback: T is for … | Fiction As Life
Pingback: SoCS…TREPIDATION. | They, You and Me
Pingback: More Time, Please. | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: SoCS: A Taboo subject | Books, Music, Photography, & Movies
Pingback: SoCS, Mr T and a cup of T | Just Fooling Around With Bee
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday | Fiction Favorites
Pingback: T is for Time | Deliberating Dave
January 2, 2015 at 3:51 pm
Happy New Year Linda and to all your wonderfully talented SOC’s contributors.
January 2, 2015 at 4:24 pm
Thanks, Michael! 😀
Pingback: SoCS January 3/15 – The Letter ‘T’ | Morpethroad
Pingback: Treading and Paving | An Armchair Perfectionist
Pingback: Bring It On! | People, Places, and Perspectives.
January 2, 2015 at 12:56 pm
Oh shoot there is so much to write!!
January 2, 2015 at 1:01 pm
That’s a good thing! 😀