It’s Friday, and time for your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. Today’s SoCS prompt will be tomorrow’s Just Jot It January prompt word, so if you want to use it for your JusJoJan post, go right ahead, and if you want to combine the two challenges you can do that too! Now, since we’ve had one-word prompts all month so far, I’ve decided to do something slightly different with SoCS this week. Pay close attention; here is your prompt:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “title.” Think of the title of a movie. Remember or jot down the first one that comes to mind. Now what I’d like you do for SoCS is, use that title as the inspiration for your post. It can be the story of the movie, the title of the movie, or you can simply quote the title of the movie somewhere in your post. It’s up to you! Enjoy!
P.S. If your chosen movie is largely unrecognizable, please let us know at the end of your post what you’re referring to. Thanks!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here at this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use the SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: Big – Stream of Consciousness – Simply Conversing
Pingback: Avatar | My journal-blog
Pingback: SoCS: Frankenstein | Capt Jills Journeys
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Lobster – Riley Central
Pingback: “Mail From Home”: #JusJoJan Day 9 and #SoCS | shanjeniah's Lovely Chaos
Pingback: JusJoJan the 9th – Entitled (#SoCS) | inspiration in progress
Pingback: Just Jot It January: Tropical Islands, Colourful Fish, and the Buddy System, #JusJoJan | Her Headache
Pingback: In America | Eclectic Evelyn
Pingback: Promptly Written
January 9, 2016 at 7:19 pm
January 9, 2016 at 4:15 pm
I did this wrong 😦 … It’s got nothing to do with movies. I hope you don’t mind… But that still ended up being something I enjoyed writing. So thank you for the prompt 🙂 .
January 9, 2016 at 4:39 pm
Hey, it’s got “Title” in the title. That’s good enough for me! 😀
Pingback: Title ~ Uninspiring | A Word Adventure
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: The wrong stuff, part seven… | Diary of an Internet Nobody.
Pingback: Hakuna Matata | Notes Tied On The Sagebrush
January 9, 2016 at 2:04 pm
Pingback: Just Jot It January/SoCS – Jan. 9th – Jurassic Park | Always A Writer
January 9, 2016 at 1:52 pm
I think I’ve got this wrong again… I’ve written a stream of consciousness story but it’s got nothing to do with the movies. And I couldn’t resist editing it a little bit. Still, here it is, for what it’s worth: https://annabellefranklinauthor.wordpress.com/2016/01/09/jusjojan-9th-socs-an-adult-fairy-tale/
January 9, 2016 at 2:27 pm
You must resist!! Haha. That’s okay. We’ll leave your link here. Thanks for your honesty. 😀
LikeLiked by 1 person
January 9, 2016 at 2:34 pm
I’ll look out for your Friday reminder next week… and I’ll try not to edit!
January 9, 2016 at 2:36 pm
Good luck! It’s not as easy to hit that publish button as it sounds. 😉
Pingback: SoCS and JustJoJan Day 9 – “Are you not entertained?” | This Thing Called Life One Word at a Time
January 9, 2016 at 1:13 pm
Hi Linda, Thanks for the great prompt…
Pingback: irumeur… | fiddledeedeebooks
Pingback: Skyfall | ladyleemanila
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness - BunKaryudo
Pingback: You better shape up | nananettie1969
Pingback: Grandma’s Night Out | new2writing
Pingback: A Boomer’s Thoughts on Star Wars VII | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: Gone With The Wind #socs, #jusjojan | The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: The Weekly Re-Motivator: Die Hard | Accidentally Inspired
Pingback: SoCS: Rant about Resurgence | Books, Music, Photography, & Movies
Pingback: SoCS: The Sound of Music – Top of JC's Mind
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Mission Impossible #JusJoJan | Fiction Favorites
January 9, 2016 at 4:07 am
Linda G Hill: for when life isn’t quite complicated enough. ;~}
LikeLiked by 1 person
January 9, 2016 at 7:58 am
Stop making me cackle so early in the morning! hehehe
LikeLiked by 2 people
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: Just Jot it January: Title | willowdot21
Pingback: Just Jot It January 9th – Title #SoCS | Linda G. Hill
Pingback: SCREAM-SoCS JusJoJan | DebWasHere
January 8, 2016 at 4:41 pm
Another prompt that led me into writing about what’s been on my mind these past few days – Thanks. I hope your weekend goes ok Linda and that puppy learns to behave himself. http://artifactsandfictions.com/2016/01/08/seeking-a-title/
January 9, 2016 at 12:55 pm
Thanks, Suzanne! Hope you have a great weekend too. 😀
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: Seeking a title | Art and Life
January 8, 2016 at 3:58 pm
Hi Linda, have a great weekend
January 9, 2016 at 12:56 pm
You too, Michael. 🙂
Pingback: SoCS Jan. 9/16 – Title – Cocoon | Morpethroad
Pingback: Jusjojan 8th | nananettie1969