It’s time for the last the Daily Just Jot it January Prompt of 2019, for SATURDAY, JANUARY 26th and your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. For those of you joining SoCS for the first time, it’s a little different than the other prompts in that it’s not always a whole word. Much may be left up to your discretion: this week is no exception. Having said that, if you’re joining in from JusJoJan, don’t want to write stream of consciousness style, no worries. It’s up to you! If you do want to try it, please check out the rules below. It’s fun! Here’s your Saturday prompt:
Your prompt for #JusJoJan and Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “ad/add/AD (Anno Domini).” Use one, use ’em all–bonus points if you fit them all into your post. Have fun!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here at this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
You can also use the Just Jot it January badge! To find the rules for Just Jot it January, click here.
Here are the rules for SoCS:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
February 1, 2019 at 4:27 am
my entry for SOCS : https://gattinawritercramps.blogspot.com/2019/02/fridays-fave-five.html
Pingback: SoCS & Just Jot it January day # 26 – Superman can't find a phone booth
Pingback: Just Jot It January – 2019 The Missing Days | Janet's Smiles
Pingback: ad / add /AD (Anno Domini) prompt for #SoCS @LindaGHill | Graeme Sandford
Pingback: Just Jot It January/Stream of Consciousness Saturday Prompt: Ad/Add/AD | Darswords
January 26, 2019 at 10:30 pm
Here you go for “Add”
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: SoCS – ad/add/AD – JP the Wide-eyed Wanderer
Pingback: #SoCS & #JusJoJan 2019 – Jan. 26th – Ad/Add/AD (Anno Domini) | My Rattled Cage
Pingback: Day 114 – LSS Attitude of Gratitude – #SoCS – There is always something to be grateful for. – ❀ Welcome To LSS Attitude of Gratitude❀
Pingback: #SoCS & #JusJoJan – Additionally … |
Pingback: Just Jot it January, 2019: January 26 | Zombie Flamingos
Pingback: Jotting the Add | joeyfullystated
Pingback: SoCS & #JusJoJan 2019 Daily Prompt 1/26/2019 ~Ad | Margret's Life Journey
Pingback: SoCS: avoiding ads – Top of JC's Mind
Pingback: #SOCS: ad/add/AD (Anno Domini) | Micaa Miles
Pingback: Noah’s Ark, Etc. #socs #JusJoJan – The Sound of One Hand Typing
January 26, 2019 at 11:27 am
My pingback didn’t work but here is my link: https://myforever.blog/2019/01/26/ponder-this/
January 26, 2019 at 9:06 pm
Pingback: SoCS add — 01.26.19 – This Just SoCS
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: Ad/Add/AD – Ruth Blogs Here
Pingback: SoCS: Ad/Add/AD – The enthralling journey
Pingback: Before We Had Zero – A Unique Title For Me
Pingback: SoSC + JusJoJan # 26 – Keep it alive
Pingback: SoCS: ad/add/AD – sixty, single and surviving
Pingback: My Brain Runneth Over | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: Obituaries – The Modern Day Tombstone – SoCS – From Cave Walls
Pingback: As the weather turns cold – I got a smoking hot gig – Quaint Revival
Pingback: #JusJoJan and #SoCS for 1/26/19 ~ ad/add/AD (Anno Domini) – J-Dubs Grin and Bear It
Pingback: SOCS/JusJoJan: Day 26 – “ad/add/AD” – Fallon Brown
Pingback: #JusJoJan & #SoCS add an ad in 2019 AD – The Bee Writes…
Pingback: #JusJoJan and #SoCS Seats with a view – cathdean.com
Pingback: SoCS — Mysterious Ways – This, That, and The Other
Pingback: Before Community Exercise – #SoCS – No Facilities
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Prompt “ad/add/AD (Anno Domini).” | Fiction Favorites
January 26, 2019 at 4:41 am
My entry for Saturday : https://gattinawritercramps.blogspot.com/2019/01/belgian-snowstorm.html
LikeLiked by 3 people
Pingback: Egads [SOCS] | Light Motifs II
Pingback: SoCS Adding tunes – Tao Talk
Pingback: The Friday Reminder for #SoCS & #JusJoJan 2019 Daily Prompt – Jan. 26th | willowdot21
January 25, 2019 at 5:35 pm
scheduled for tomorrow Linda
Hope Alex is doing Ok. How’s your Mum (and her teeth)?
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: January’s Award go to… – The Haunted Wordsmith
Pingback: AD – advantage disadvantage – syncwithdeep