It’s Friday already! Where ever did the week go? Friday means it’s time for your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt! During the month of April, I’ll use the appropriate letter of the day to correspond with the A to Z Challenge, to help out anyone who’s participating to do both challenges at the same time. Here’s your prompt:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “fab.” Use it as a word or find a word beginning with “fab.” As always, use any way you’d like. Have fun!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here to this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our pretty SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: A belated #SoCS and on time #SLS are fab and on fire – The Bee Writes…
Pingback: Expression – Debbie Gravett
April 7, 2019 at 1:37 am
I love SoCs 😊
April 7, 2019 at 1:49 am
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: #SoCS – Flipping Fabulous |
April 7, 2019 at 1:30 am
I don’t know how to pingback yet but here’s my site: https://wordpress.com/post/memarge.home.blog/52
April 7, 2019 at 1:35 am
Thanks! Did you plan to write a post for the prompt of April 6th? The last one I can see is last week’s.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday A2Z F 20190406 | Darswords
Pingback: SoCS – Fabulously Frittered Day | joeyfullystated
Pingback: A Fabrication – a stream of consciousness exercise – JP the Wide-eyed Wanderer
April 6, 2019 at 5:48 pm
Have a great day Linda
Pingback: A to Z Challenge – 2019 – F is for Feathers | Janet's Smiles