Week of January 5 – 10, 2020
I’m looking for prompt words for Just Jot it January! This is your chance to inspire other people and have your blog linked to the Daily Prompt post.
I’ve decided to do this weekly this year. I only need 5 prompt words today–if you miss getting your word in on this post, you’ll have another chance on Saturday, January 11th. I’ll schedule these posts at different times of the day so people all over the world get a chance to see it first.
Read the rules carefully! I need 5 single words to use in the Just Jot It January challenge, for January 5th through to the 10th. This is how you can be included:
- The first 5 comments on this post that include a single word will be the prompts for the first full week of January. These prompts will go up on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. I’ll take care of One-Liner Wednesday and Stream of Consciousness Saturday myself. If you write more than one word in your comment, for example, “My word is antidisestablishmentarianism,” I’ll ignore it. Same thing if you try to slip in two, even in two different comments–I’ll only accept the first. If I get the same word twice, I’ll only accept the first person who got to it. If you’re the second, feel free to try again. And please, remember this is a relatively G-rated blog, so nothing too risque.
- I’ll link back to the blog of whomever gives me a prompt on the day I use it.
- Make sure you get your comment in early. You don’t want to miss out!
- Please don’t bother entering a prompt if your blog is inactive or if it exists only to sell things. If you haven’t posted in over a month and you’re only looking for clicks, your prompt word will be rejected. If, on the other hand, you’re planning to use JusJoJan to inspire you to get back into the swing of things, let me know immediately in a second comment — NOT the one you give your prompt word in. Remember, that’s ONE word only. If I can’t find a reasonable number of posts written in the last month that aren’t trying to sell a product, your prompt word will be rejected.
- I observed a few years ago that many of our prompt words were negative in nature. I found they didn’t do as well as the more positive words. I don’t want to limit you, but please keep in mind that if your word is on the sadder or angrier side, your prompt may not get as much participation.
- If you provide a prompt, I encourage you to join in as much as possible throughout the month.
- Only one prompt per person for the month. If you get in this week, don’t try again next week.
- NOTE: Please count the number of correct (one word only) comments ahead of yours. If there are already 5, save yours for January next week!
Please see the “Rules” post for a complete list of the prompt words. I’ll populate it as the words come in. Here’s the link in case you missed it: https://lindaghill.com/2019/12/31/just-jot-it-january-2020-the-rules/
Okay. Are you ready? Aaaaand… prompt! One word!
Edit: We have our five words for the week, so I shut the comments down. Sorry about the mix-up this morning with them being closed when the post went live. I’ll do better next week. I’ll add the new prompts to the Rules post. Thanks to the five bloggers who donated their prompts!