Can you believe this is the seventh annual Just Jot it January challenge? Time flies when you’re blogging!
Just Jot it January, AKA JusJoJan, is a challenge to write a post every day of the month of January. To start the year off with a a blogging bang, and to meet others in the blogging community. We’ve grown from a handful of participants in 2014 to close to fifty for the past couple of years. Why? Because it’s fun!
Here are the simple JusJoJan Rules:
1. Just Jot It January starts January 1st, but it’s never too late to join in! Here, we run on the honour system; the “jot it” part of JusJoJan means that anything you jot down, anywhere (it doesn’t have to be a post, it can even be a grocery list), counts as a “jot.” If it makes it to your blog that day, great! If it waits a week to get from a sticky note to your screen, no problem!
2. I’ll post prompts at 2am my time (GMT -5). You don’t have to follow the prompt every day, but that will be where you leave your link for others to see. You’ll get a prompt for every day except Wednesday, when the prompt is simply my One-Liner Wednesday and on Saturday, when your prompt will be the Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS, which will appear at about 9:30am Friday. Each prompt post will include the rules.
3. Please ping back or link to the daily prompt. To ping back, just copy the URL from the daily prompt post, and paste it anywhere in your post. Check to make sure your link shows up where you want it to, and go back occasionally to see other bloggers’ entries – the more you visit others, the more they’ll visit you! Note: A) The newest pingbacks will be at the top of the comments section. B) Ping backs only work if you’re blogging on WordPress. Everyone else must paste a link manually.
4. Tag your post JusJoJan and/or #JusJoJan.
5. Write anything! Any length will do! It can even be a photo or a drawing – you’re going to title it, right? There’s your jot!
6. The prompts will appear every day that’s neither a Wednesday nor a Saturday–Saturday’s JusJoJan prompt will be Stream of Consciousness Saturday. You’ll find the list of prompts below as they come in, which means I’ll be updating this post. Remember, you don’t have to use the prompts. Please write whatever inspires you. NOTE: If your post is NSFW, do not ping back. Please leave your link in the comments with a warning.
7. If you’d like to, use the JusJoJan badge so that others can find your post more easily.
8. Have fun!
I’ll fill in the prompts as I have them, along with a link to the blog of the person who supplied the prompt if it wasn’t me:
January 1 – One-Liner Wednesday
January 2 – a photo
January 3 – poke
January 4 – SoCS – “ow”
January 5 – Intention – Faye at Faye’s Mystical Musings
January 6 – Possibility – Jill at J-Dubs Grin and Bear It
January 7 – Mix – John at Sound of One Hand Typing
January 8 – One-Liner Wednesday
January 9 – Scrumptious – Maggie at From Cave Walls
January 10 – Dogs – Di at pensitivity101
January 11 – SoCS – start your post with the first three words from a random page in a book
January 12 – Gravity – Zhenzhen at Hinuha
January 13 – Subscribe – Willow at Willowdot21
January 14 – Publish – Ritu at But I Smile Anyway
January 15 – One-Liner Wednesday
January 16 – Experience – Dan at No Facilities
January 17 – Jade – MB at Words Less Spoken
January 18 – SoCS – movie title
January 19 – Gobbledygook – Jim at Hoping to make the world more beautiful
January 20 – Humor – Sadje at Keep it Alive
January 21 – Scraggly – Cheryl at The Bag Lady
January 22 – One-Liner Wednesday
January 23 – Drive – Janet at Janet’s Smiles
January 24 – Change – Wendy at Wendy’s Waffle
January 25 – SoCS – last call
January 26 – Busy – Saumya at Randomness Inked
January 27 – Dazzle – Debbie at Debbie Gravett
January 28 – Television – Barbara at Teleportingweena
January 29 – One-Liner Wednesday
January 30 – Finished – Lauren at LSS Attitude of Gratitude
January 31 – Chaos
Pingback: Daily Prompt – JusJoJan the 31st, 2020 |
January 30, 2020 at 12:46 pm
Will there be a Feb word of the day?
January 30, 2020 at 3:31 pm
I only do this in January. I’ll still have One-Liner Wednesdays and Stream of Consciousness Saturdays, though.
LikeLiked by 1 person
January 30, 2020 at 4:31 pm
Thank you! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: Finished – Jan. 30, 2020 Word of the Day | Invisible Illnesses
Pingback: Daily Prompt – JusJoJan the 30th, 2020 |
Pingback: Can’t Stop Watching #JusJoJan | Her Headache
Pingback: Television – Jan. 28, 2020 Word of the Day | Invisible Illnesses
Pingback: Covering My Bases #WeRemember #JusJoJan | Her Headache
Pingback: Daily Prompt – JusJoJan the 28th, 2020 |
Pingback: Daily Prompt – JusJoJan the 27th, 2020 |
Pingback: Busy – Jan. 26, 2020 Word of the Day | Invisible Illnesses
Pingback: Daily Prompt – JusJoJan the 26th, 2020 |
Pingback: Prompt Me Part 4 – #JusJoJan 2020 |
Pingback: That Magic Number #FlashbackFriday #JusJoJan | Her Headache
January 24, 2020 at 9:46 am
They say change is good. What if you are already good. Is change then bad? I guess you can’t be all good, so just change the bad. How do you determine what’s bad?
January 26, 2020 at 12:27 am
It’s what’s not good …?
Pingback: The Friday Reminder for #SoCS & #JusJoJan 2020 Daily Prompt – Jan. 25th |
Pingback: Change- Jan. 20, 2020 Word of the Day | Invisible Illnesses
Pingback: Daily Prompt – JusJoJan the 24th, 2020 |
Pingback: Daily Prompt – JusJoJan the 23rd, 2020 |