Hello, Friday! And hello, you! I’m here with your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. It’s getting harder and harder to find prompts that aren’t repeats, so I’m doing it again this week. Again, it’s been five and a half years since you’ve had this prompt, so you might not remember what you wrote. Resist the temptation to look it up! I promise to try to do better next week. Here’s your prompt for this week:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “ring.” Use it as a noun, a verb, an adverb, or an adjective…use it any way you’d like. Have fun!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here to this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our beautiful SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: SoCS: Ring With My Name – Kiki Hearts
Pingback: #SoCS Nov. 14/2020 – Mukhamani
Pingback: Ringing the Changes – Ruth Blogs Here
Pingback: Ringing in my 888th post with some purse talk – Quaint Revival
Pingback: Some Rings To It – bernmusings
Pingback: #SoCS – Rings a bell |
Pingback: SoCS~ “Ring” – Margret's Life Journey
November 14, 2020 at 6:41 pm
Pingback: Back in Town-#SoCS – Words On A Page
Pingback: Ring Around Today – Debbie Gravett
Pingback: Sad news about my friends guide dog #SoCs – Therapy Bits
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Nov. 14/2020-crap what is their name! – Weirds Are Word
November 14, 2020 at 2:51 pm
Here’s mine Linda
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Nov. 14/2020 – Stine Writing
November 14, 2020 at 11:30 am
Pingback: Love & the Big Top – Tina Stewart Brakebill
Pingback: #SOC Saturday | lyncrain
Pingback: Reason-r-ing – Live Love Laugh Learn
Pingback: #SoCS Nov. 14/2020 – ring – Ladyleemanila
November 14, 2020 at 10:44 am
November 14, 2020 at 10:36 am
Linda can I ask how many years have you been running this Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt?
November 14, 2020 at 10:39 am
My first prompt was March 1, 2014.
LikeLiked by 3 people
November 14, 2020 at 2:55 pm
Thanks Linda, six and a half years of Stream of Consciousness Saturday, wow that is quite an accomplishment.
November 14, 2020 at 9:17 pm
It really doesn’t feel like that long, strangely. I wonder if I’ve been going as long as the WP Daily Prompt did yet. Not sure if there’s any way to find out. I know they did a LOT more repeats than me, but then it was daily, not weekly.
Pingback: SoCS: what became of my engagement ring – Top of JC's Mind
Pingback: Let Freedom Ring – A Unique Title For Me
Pingback: Ring | the moon is rising...
Pingback: SoCS – Nov. 14th 2020 – jaquintinwriter
Pingback: Rings and Promises | Coffee in the Rain
Pingback: SoCS: ring – sixty, single and surviving
Pingback: SoCS – Ring, Ring, Who’s There? – From Cave Walls
Pingback: Stream Of Consciousnesses Saturday- 14 November 2020 – Keep it alive
Pingback: Uncontrollable Truth – Family Matters
November 14, 2020 at 7:41 am
Pingback: Choosing a Ring – #SoCS – defying atrophy
Pingback: SoCS — Ring-a-Ding Ding Ding – This, That, and The Other
Pingback: One Ringy Dingy [SOCS] | Light Motifs II
Pingback: SoCS: Not Quite Forgotten | Mary J Melange
November 14, 2020 at 5:40 am
Nice prompt the old ones are the best 💜
November 14, 2020 at 10:39 am
It’s hard to come up with good new ones after six and a half years!
November 14, 2020 at 11:11 am
Yes I bet it is, we could all send you some prompts, no need to accredit them , just keep them in a file and pick at random 💜💜💜😜
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Nov. 14/2020 | willowdot21
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Prompt – | Fiction Favorites
Pingback: This Week’s in the Bag—#SoCS – No Facilities
Pingback: #SoCS for 11/14/20 – J-Dubs Grin and Bear It
Pingback: SoCS 11-14-20 – The Bag Lady
Pingback: Are There Rings Around Uranus? #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: SoCS ring — 11.14.20 – wtf Am I On About Now?
Pingback: SoCS – asshats don’t help and other truthisms – Riddle from the Middle
Pingback: Ring Bell | Notes Tied On The Sagebrush
Pingback: SoCS: The Lord of the Rings and Letters from Vietnam | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: Dear Emma, Friday 13th Nov 2020 | Tournesol dans un Jardin
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Nov. 14/2020 – Tessa Dean – Author
Pingback: DEAR EMMA, FRIDAY 13TH NOV 2020 – Traces of the Soul