(FICTION) (Thanks to Janet http://scr4pl80.wordpress.com/ and Jim https://jimadamsauthordotcom.wordpress.com/ for their prompts. I completely ran out of time, so I’m combining the suggestions.)
Bored with watching the circus perform, a white rabbit named Olive went up to the concession stand and asked for a diva muffin.
“We have none of those,” the lady behind the counter said. She a name tag; her name was Alice. “And why are you not watching the circus? I believe the clowns are coming on soon.”
“I was expecting rabbits,” said Olive.
“The circus used to have them, but they got stepped on by the elephants.”
Olive gasped. “That’s terrible!”
“It was,” said Alice. “I was rather fond of them. Would you like some cotton candy?”
“If you don’t have any diva muffins, I suppose that will do.”
Alice turned to spin some cotton candy. Over her shoulder, she asked, “I’m having a costume party in my trailer later. Would you like to come?”
“That would be nice,” said Olive as she took the large floof of candy from Alice. “How much do I owe you?”
Alice smiled. “For a white rabbit like you? It’s on the house.”
“Come back here in an hour and we’ll walk to my trailer together.”
“I’ll see you later,” said Olive.
She turned to go just as a man with a pitchfork stepped up to the concession.
“Hey, Alice,” he said. “Are you still doing the rabbit stew tonight for the party?”
“Shhhh!!” said Alice.
Olive dropped her cotton candy and ran home so fast, her little rabbit body flew like a streak across the sky.
(The prompts were Janet’s: Olive, circus, streak across the sky; and Jim’s: If you are looking for a name, you could go with any one of Frank Zappa’s children, Moon Unit, Dweezil, Ahmet or Diva Muffin. A setting that might work well, would be Wonderland where Alice went. I think that a costume party would make an interesting situation.)
Here are the JusJoJan Rules:
1. Just Jot It January starts January 1st, but it’s never too late to join in! Here, we run on the honour system; the “jot it” part of JusJoJan means that anything you jot down, anywhere (it doesn’t have to be a post, it can even be a grocery list), counts as a “jot.” If it makes it to your blog that day, great! If it waits a week to get from a sticky note to your screen, no problem!
2. I’ll post prompts at 2am my time (GMT -5). The prompt will be the word in quotation marks in the title of my 2am post. You don’t have to follow the prompt every day, but that will be where you leave your link for others to see. You’ll get a prompt for every day except Wednesday, when the prompt is simply my One-Liner Wednesday and on Saturday, when your prompt will be the Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS, which will appear at about 9:30am Friday. Each prompt post will include the rules.
3. Please ping back or link to the daily prompt. To ping back, just copy the URL from the daily prompt post, and paste it anywhere in your post. Check to make sure your link shows up where you want it to, and go back occasionally to see other bloggers’ entries – the more you visit others, the more they’ll visit you! Note: A) The newest pingbacks will be at the top of the comments section. B) Ping backs only work if you’re blogging on WordPress. Everyone else must paste a link manually.
4. Tag your post JusJoJan and/or #JusJoJan.
5. Write anything! Any length will do! It can even be a photo or a drawing – you’re going to title it, right? There’s your jot!
6. If your post is NSFW, do not ping back. Please leave your link in the comments with a warning.
7. If you’d like to, use the JusJoJan badge so that others can find your post more easily.
8. Have fun!