Guess what? It’s time for your Friday Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt! This week’s prompt came to me completely out of the blue – I love it when that happens!
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “sense/scents/cents,” with a bonus word this week – “sent.” Choose one, use them all or simply write whatever comes to mind- it’s up to you!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here at this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use the SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” or “Begin with the word ‘The’.”
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments, for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. Have fun!
Pingback: Making ‘Sense’ In Writing – Creative Writing For Me
Pingback: A Sense called Touch | An Armchair Perfectionist
December 2, 2014 at 10:53 am
Sorry I’m so late with my response this week, Linda: I plead Thanksgiving.
Pingback: When the Grapes Are Out of Reach: Stream-of-Consciousness Saturday | What oft was thought
Pingback: From stillness comes an explosion of imaginings | LOVE HAPPY NOTES - The Home of Inspiration, Happiness and Fun
November 29, 2014 at 11:07 pm
Not sure what it was about this prompt, but I had a lot of fun with it.
Pingback: The Thunderdome of Ideas | Pavorisms
November 29, 2014 at 8:27 pm
For some reason, I don’t think my “pingback” pinged back… don’t know why…anyway, here’s my contribution:
Pingback: My Two Cents on “Dress Code” Rules During Royal Visit | Some Kernels of Truth
November 29, 2014 at 7:47 pm
I almost forget to comment here so you would have my link. I had the post done last night, in fact.
Pingback: SoCS : “Scents and Sensibility” | shanjeniah
Pingback: SoCS – Scattered cents and sense | lindaghill
Pingback: On Fashion, Perfume and Banking | Dear Diary
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: Suddenly, You’re An Imp Wearing Angel’s Wings… | The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: The Hunt | On Writing,Reading and Other La-de-da
November 29, 2014 at 1:25 pm
Pingback: SoCS–Scents | Silver Threading
November 29, 2014 at 1:23 pm
My ping backs aren’t working.
So, here is my entry
SoCS: Sense of Smell related to Flirting!? http://wp.me/p2VJsy-1TN via
Pingback: Sense – This post is part of SoCS | irenedesign2011
Pingback: My two cents worth | Mindful Digressions
Pingback: The Nose Knows (and other body parts too) | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: SoCS: Special Cents | Top of JC's Mind
Pingback: SoCS-Senses and Scents | Notes Tied On The Sagebrush
November 29, 2014 at 8:17 am
The prompt was perfect. I wanted to say something about Black Friday, but not too much.
Pingback: Oooh a Bonus Word | No Facilities
Pingback: Senses Alert: Life Lived to the Full | People, Places, and Perspectives.
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Prompt | Fiction Favorites
November 28, 2014 at 1:59 pm
Pingback again not working! https://anarmchairperfectionist.wordpress.com/2014/11/29/a-sense-called-touch/
Pingback: Scent of a Man | Traces of the Soul
November 28, 2014 at 11:06 am
Definitely going to join in this weekend–a great opportunity to free write. 🙂
Pingback: The Scent | They, You and Me
November 28, 2014 at 7:08 am
It’s like you took a trip into my mind!!!! 😀 Been thinking about the five senses for long, one in particular! Off I go to write…
LikeLiked by 1 person
November 28, 2014 at 6:50 am
Love the prompt….would love even more if I have time to get something in for it 🙂
November 28, 2014 at 7:06 am
If you can get to your computer, even a sentence would do! But I understand… Thanks for your comment, Heather! 🙂
November 28, 2014 at 7:07 am
I’m here but my mind is not, just yet. I see if I “clear” up a bit later 🙂