Since the prompt for K’lee and Dale’s Cosmic Photo Challenge today is about time as well, I’ve decided to combine this JusJoJan post with theirs.
I took these pictures while I was waiting for the Super Moon to rise in November. The sun was setting quite prettily in the west, beyond the bridge. There’s always been something about the transition between day and night for me that denotes peace. And yet the images my camera picked up were decidedly more along the lines of apocalyptic.
These are just as my phone camera took them, using the built-in software on the device. It’s nice for someone like me with little in the way of photographic skill to have my camera do such nice things for me.
Hey there! How’s everyone hanging in so far this year? We had an amazing response on our first day, and I look forward to reading all the posts when I get a chance. One thing I did notice though was that the pingbacks were a bit spread around. I understand if you want to link back to the post with all the prompt words, but linking back to this post (and all the prompt posts ahead) is most important if you want other bloggers to find your post. The very very most important part? Enjoy the challenge!
Your prompt for today:
The Just Jot It January 2nd prompt, brought to you by JoAnna, from her blog “Anything is Possible,” is: “Time.” Use it any way you’re inspired to. And make sure you stop by and say hi to JoAnna as well! Here’s her blog: https://joannesilvia.com/
The rules for Just Jot It January are as follows:
1. It’s never too late to join in! Here, we run on the honour system; the “jot it” part of JusJoJan means that anything you jot down, anywhere (it doesn’t have to be a post, it can even be a grocery list) counts as a “Jot.” If it makes it to your blog that day, great! If it waits a week to get from a sticky note to your screen, no problem!
2. The prompts will be posted every day at 2am my time (GMT -5). You don’t have to follow the prompt word, but this will be where you leave your link for others to see. Make sure you link your post to the correct day’s prompt. There will be a post like this every day except Wednesday, when the prompt is simply my One-Liner Wednesday, and Saturday, when you’ll find the prompt on my usual Friday Reminder post for Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS).
3. As long as your blog is on WordPress, you’ll be able to link via pingback. To execute a pingback, just copy the URL from the daily prompt post, and paste it anywhere in your post. Check to make sure your link shows up where you want it to, and go back occasionally to see other bloggers’ entries – the more you visit others, the more they’ll visit you! If you’re participating from another blogging host, just drop a link into the comment section. Note: The newest pingbacks and comments will be at the top.
4. Tag your post JusJoJan and/or #JusJoJan.
5. Write anything! Any length will do! It can even be a photo or a drawing – you’re going to title it, right? There’s your jot!
6. The prompts are here both to remind you and to inspire you to write. However, you don’t have to use the prompt word of theday. You can link any kind of jot back here. Even your shopping list. Note: If it’s 18+ content, please say so in a comment with your link.
7. If you’d like to, use the JusJoJan badge (above) in your post so that others can find your post more easily.