Yesterday was the first day back to school for Alex, aaaaand… today’s a snow day. And I’m in danger of losing my mind.
Surprisingly, it’s not in the way you’d think. Yes, I’m quite pissed off at the weather, but for some reason my emotions are leading me toward the crazier, more jump-around-and-be-silly bent. Maybe it’s a precursor to when I go postal later. Or maybe this is how I finally implode into a pile of mushy Mominess.
And thank you once again to Dan the magnificent, who has helped me for the past three days with Just Jot It January. I’m sure without him I’d have already imploded. You can visit Dan here: https://nofacilities.com/
In exchange for hosting #JusJoJan for a few days, Linda offered the opportunity to guest post on her blog. At first, I thought: “what a great way to break my New Year’s promise to only blog 4 times a week.” You see, I did include the proviso: “…plus the occasional re-blog.” I could scrawl 1,000 words over here, re-blog it and still be in compliance.
I wouldn’t do that to Linda.
In fact, all I want to say is that hosting #JusJoJan was fun, educational and my pleasure. What? Were you thinking that “all I want to say” meant I was only going to say one thing? Seriously? This is Dan, not Linda writing.
It was my pleasure because Linda does a lot for me as a blogger. I always know that if I’m stuck for an idea for a Saturday post, I can turn to her Friday Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. Even if I have an idea, I have the challenge of approaching it in SoC style. I can almost hear my editor saying: “you could always skip a day…”
Linda is also very understanding about my, ahem, liberal interpretation of what constitutes “one line” on Wednesdays.
Hosting was educational, because, although I have always appreciated her prompts, I had no idea how much work is involved. A successful promptster has pingbacks and comments up the…whaaaaa…t was I saying? I’m not complaining, but after three days of attempting to monitor the flow here, I am even more grateful to Linda and the other (you know who you are) people running prompts and blog-hops.
Most importantly, it was fun to meet a bunch of new bloggers and to catch a few of my regular writers under a new light. I enjoyed seeing the interesting-humorous-serious-sideways-twisted-artistic ways in which people can approach a single word. You guys rock!
Thanks for supporting me during my three days at the wheel. Good luck with the rest of #JusJoJan – as Linda would say – Enjoy!
Hi there, it’s Dan again from No Facilities. It looks like you guys have been having fun with #JusJoJan. This is my last day delivering the prompt for Linda. I’ve been surprised by my ability to stick to the prompt, without going off on a tangent. For example, I was thinking…
Let’s not ruin a good series. Now for your prompt:
The Just Jot It January 10th prompt, brought to you by Matthew over at MWLange is: “Danger.” Use it any way you like. Make sure you stop by Matthew’s website and say hello to him! https://singularfiction.wordpress.com/blog/
The rules for Just Jot It January are as follows:
1. It’s never too late to join in! Here, we run on the honour system; the “jot it” part of JusJoJan means that anything you jot down, anywhere (it doesn’t have to be a post, it can even be a grocery list) counts as a “Jot.” If it makes it to your blog that day, great! If it waits a week to get from a sticky note to your screen, no problem!
2. The prompts will be posted every day at 2am my time (GMT -5). You don’t have to follow the prompt word, but this will be where you leave your link for others to see. Make sure you link your post to the correct day’s prompt. There will be a post like this every day except Wednesday, when the prompt is simply my One-Liner Wednesday, and Saturday, when you’ll find the prompt on my usual Friday Reminder post for Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS).
3. As long as your blog is on WordPress, you’ll be able to link via pingback. To execute a pingback, just copy the URL from the daily prompt post, and paste it anywhere in your post. Check to make sure your link shows up where you want it to, and go back occasionally to see other bloggers’ entries – the more you visit others, the more they’ll visit you! If you’re participating from another blogging host, just drop a link into the comment section. Note: The newest pingbacks and comments will be at the top.
4. Tag your post JusJoJan and/or #JusJoJan.
5. Write anything! Any length will do! It can even be a photo or a drawing – you’re going to title it, right? There’s your jot!
6. The prompts are here both to remind you and to inspire you to write. However, you don’t have to use the prompt word of theday. You can link any kind of jot back here. Even your shopping list. Note: If it’s 18+ content, please say so in a comment with your link.
7. If you’d like to, use the JusJoJan badge (above) in your post so that others can find your post more easily.