I’ve spent the last couple of hours, on and off, trying to come up with something I could write to do with the colour blue. I thought of the sky – something I haven’t seen in a while. First, because it’s been cloudy all year, and second, because I haven’t been out. I’ve missed the sky, and I’ve missed going for walks. Being glued to the couch isn’t all it’s cracked up to be, trust me.
In searching for some pictures of blue sky (I’m sure in hopes of absorbing some vitamin D by force of sheer will), I discovered that I haven’t been out for a walk since November 27th. I know this, because every time I go out, I take a picture.
Next time I see the sun through my window, I’ll make an extra effort to get out in it.
Hey there! Another Monday morning on which to serve up your Just Jot It January prompt! I’m off on a field trip this morning to McDonald’s with Alex. Who wants breakfast? Coffee? Tea?
If I don’t get those to you before they get cold, I can at least get you a nice warm prompt… or is it cold too? You decide:
The Just Jot It January 30th prompt, brought to you by John Holton of The Sound of One Hand Typing, is: “Blue.” Use it any way you’re inspired to. And make sure you stop by and say hi to John as well! Here’s his blog: https://thesoundofonehandtyping.wordpress.com/ .
The rules for Just Jot It January are as follows:
1. It’s never too late to join in! Here, we run on the honour system; the “jot it” part of JusJoJan means that anything you jot down, anywhere (it doesn’t have to be a post, it can even be a grocery list) counts as a “Jot.” If it makes it to your blog that day, great! If it waits a week to get from a sticky note to your screen, no problem!
2. The prompts will be posted every day at 2am my time (GMT -5). You don’t have to follow the prompt word, but this will be where you leave your link for others to see. Make sure you link your post to the correct day’s prompt. There will be a post like this every day except Wednesday, when the prompt is simply my One-Liner Wednesday, and Saturday, when you’ll find the prompt on my usual Friday Reminder post for Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS).
3. As long as your blog is on WordPress, you’ll be able to link via pingback. To execute a pingback, just copy the URL from the daily prompt post, and paste it anywhere in your post. Check to make sure your link shows up where you want it to, and go back occasionally to see other bloggers’ entries – the more you visit others, the more they’ll visit you! If you’re participating from another blogging host, just drop a link into the comment section. Note: The newest pingbacks and comments will be at the top.
4. Tag your post JusJoJan and/or #JusJoJan.
5. Write anything! Any length will do! It can even be a photo or a drawing – you’re going to title it, right? There’s your jot!
6. The prompts are here both to remind you and to inspire you to write. However, you don’t have to use the prompt word of theday. You can link any kind of jot back here. Even your shopping list. Note: If it’s 18+ content, please say so in a comment with your link.
7. If you’d like to, use the JusJoJan badge (above) in your post so that others can find your post more easily.