Hey there! How’s everyone hanging in so far this year? We had an amazing response on our first day, and I look forward to reading all the posts when I get a chance. One thing I did notice though was that the pingbacks were a bit spread around. I understand if you want to link back to the post with all the prompt words, but linking back to this post (and all the prompt posts ahead) is most important if you want other bloggers to find your post. The very very most important part? Enjoy the challenge!
Your prompt for today:
The Just Jot It January 2nd prompt, brought to you by JoAnna, from her blog “Anything is Possible,” is: “Time.” Use it any way you’re inspired to. And make sure you stop by and say hi to JoAnna as well! Here’s her blog: https://joannesilvia.com/
The rules for Just Jot It January are as follows:
1. It’s never too late to join in! Here, we run on the honour system; the “jot it” part of JusJoJan means that anything you jot down, anywhere (it doesn’t have to be a post, it can even be a grocery list) counts as a “Jot.” If it makes it to your blog that day, great! If it waits a week to get from a sticky note to your screen, no problem!
2. The prompts will be posted every day at 2am my time (GMT -5). You don’t have to follow the prompt word, but this will be where you leave your link for others to see. Make sure you link your post to the correct day’s prompt. There will be a post like this every day except Wednesday, when the prompt is simply my One-Liner Wednesday, and Saturday, when you’ll find the prompt on my usual Friday Reminder post for Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS).
3. As long as your blog is on WordPress, you’ll be able to link via pingback. To execute a pingback, just copy the URL from the daily prompt post, and paste it anywhere in your post. Check to make sure your link shows up where you want it to, and go back occasionally to see other bloggers’ entries – the more you visit others, the more they’ll visit you! If you’re participating from another blogging host, just drop a link into the comment section. Note: The newest pingbacks and comments will be at the top.
4. Tag your post JusJoJan and/or #JusJoJan.
5. Write anything! Any length will do! It can even be a photo or a drawing – you’re going to title it, right? There’s your jot!
6. The prompts are here both to remind you and to inspire you to write. However, you don’t have to use the prompt word of the day. You can link any kind of jot back here. Even your shopping list. Note: If it’s 18+ content, please say so in a comment with your link.
7. If you’d like to, use the JusJoJan badge (above) in your post so that others can find your post more easily.
8. Have fun!
If you’d like to look ahead to see the upcoming prompt words, click this link: https://lindaghill.com/2016/12/31/just-jot-it-january-2017-rules/ You can always write your post ahead of time and schedule it to come out on the appropriate day.
April 19, 2017 at 9:49 am
March 5, 2017 at 11:56 pm
March 6, 2017 at 9:55 am
Pingback: This Is Us | Miss Lou Acquiring Lore
Pingback: SoCS – A word starting with P | Miss Lou Acquiring Lore
Pingback: Just Jo Jan 10 Danger | Miss Lou Acquiring Lore
Pingback: #JusJoJan Daily Prompt – Jan. 2nd/17 | Just Plain Ol' Vic
Pingback: Time’s Up-JusJoJan – DebWasHere
Pingback: It flies | The Write Project
Pingback: Just Jot it January 2 – Time | Forty, c'est Fantastique !
January 3, 2017 at 12:14 am
January 3, 2017 at 12:02 am
Not sure I am doing the pingback thing right.
January 3, 2017 at 12:09 am
Hey, Dar! Just copy and paste your link in the comments and I’ll check it out tomorrow. I’m just about to go to bed.
Great to see you again! 😀
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: #JusJoJan 2/17 – In Time | inspiration in progress
Pingback: How Precious is Time to You? | Netdancer's Musings
Pingback: Just Jot It Jan: 2 Time | Capt Jills Journeys
Pingback: Just Jot It Jan: 2 Time | Captain Jills Journeys
January 2, 2017 at 9:13 pm
Later than I wanted again, but here’s my post for today, #oneword included.
Pingback: Just Jot It Jan 2 – Time | Linda G. Hill
January 2, 2017 at 6:14 pm
Pingback: Announcing the 2017 Book Riot Read Harder Challenge – that cynking feeling
January 2, 2017 at 6:12 pm
Thanks for explaining where to link for the pingback! Posting my link here since I didn’t get the pingback added before publishing. https://cynk.wordpress.com/2017/01/02/announcing-the-2017-book-riot-read-harder-challenge/
January 2, 2017 at 6:47 pm
That works. 🙂
Pingback: JUST JOT IT JANUARY – TIME | teleportingweena
Pingback: JustJoJan Day 2 – It just takes time | This Thing Called Life One Word at a Time
January 2, 2017 at 4:38 pm
Here’s mine: https://waffle-with-wendy.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/where-does-time-go-jusjojan-2.html
Pingback: Rogue One – Top of JC's Mind
January 2, 2017 at 3:23 pm
Pingback: #JusJoJan Daily Prompt – Jan. 2nd/17 – Time | Morpethroad
Pingback: Just Jotting Share Your World — January 2, 2017 | joeyfullystated
Pingback: Time | Eclectic Evelyn
Pingback: | Eclectic Evelyn
Pingback: Time #JusJoJan – The Sound of One Hand Typing
January 2, 2017 at 1:21 pm
And Now Is the Time! https://thecadyluckleedy.com/2017/01/02/do-you-have-time-for-that/
Pingback: Time To Watch The Rose Parade | Notes Tied On The Sagebrush
Pingback: Time, Time, Time. Catching Up! | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: #JusJoJan 01/02/17 – When Time Stood Still #FlashFiction | Promptly Written
Pingback: #JusJoJan Daily Prompt – Jan 2nd – Time – Finlay Games
Pingback: New Year, New Month, New Start | fallonbrownwrites
January 2, 2017 at 7:34 am
My favorite time of day – http://dear-internetpeople.blogspot.com/2017/01/time-of-peace-just-jot-it-january.html
Pingback: Just Jot It January 2nd: Time. | willowdot21
January 2, 2017 at 5:57 am
I am joting from today – I skipped yesterday. Sorry 😀 Time gives a lot to think – a good prompt to get back on the writing track!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: #JusJoJan Daily Prompt – Jan. 2nd/17 – Time | But I Smile Anyway...
Pingback: #JusJoJan 2017 – Time | Just Fooling Around With Bee or The Bee Writes...
Pingback: #JusJoJan January 2nd Time - Edwina's Episodes
Pingback: Thursday photo prompt – Time #writephoto – Ladyleemanila