Linda back again for your Just Jot It January prompt. I’ll be here for the rest of the month–that is almost finished!! Can you believe it? Seems like just yesterday we were wishing each other a happy new year, doesn’t it? Or maybe it’s just me.
I’d like to say a quick thank you to my guest posters who helped me out this month. Thanks so much Rosemary, Dan, Shan, and Judy! You all helped tremendously, and I hope you enjoyed the experience as much as I do, every time I post a prompt. 😀 I’ll be writing a proper tribute to everyone who lent a hand with the prompts, at the end of the month. So get ready for a parade!!
Anywho, here’s your prompt for today:
The Just Jot It January 26th prompt, brought to you by Kelli of Forty, c’est Fantastique! is: “Extraordinary.” Use it any way you’re inspired to. And make sure you stop by and say hi to Kelli as well! Here’s her blog: https://fortyandfantastique.wordpress.com/ .
The rules for Just Jot It January are as follows:
1. It’s never too late to join in! Here, we run on the honour system; the “jot it” part of JusJoJan means that anything you jot down, anywhere (it doesn’t have to be a post, it can even be a grocery list) counts as a “Jot.” If it makes it to your blog that day, great! If it waits a week to get from a sticky note to your screen, no problem!
2. The prompts will be posted every day at 2am my time (GMT -5). You don’t have to follow the prompt word, but this will be where you leave your link for others to see. Make sure you link your post to the correct day’s prompt. There will be a post like this every day except Wednesday, when the prompt is simply my One-Liner Wednesday, and Saturday, when you’ll find the prompt on my usual Friday Reminder post for Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS).
3. As long as your blog is on WordPress, you’ll be able to link via pingback. To execute a pingback, just copy the URL from the daily prompt post, and paste it anywhere in your post. Check to make sure your link shows up where you want it to, and go back occasionally to see other bloggers’ entries – the more you visit others, the more they’ll visit you! If you’re participating from another blogging host, just drop a link into the comment section. Note: The newest pingbacks and comments will be at the top.
4. Tag your post JusJoJan and/or #JusJoJan.
5. Write anything! Any length will do! It can even be a photo or a drawing – you’re going to title it, right? There’s your jot!
6. The prompts are here both to remind you and to inspire you to write. However, you don’t have to use the prompt word of the day. You can link any kind of jot back here. Even your shopping list. Note: If it’s 18+ content, please say so in a comment with your link.
7. If you’d like to, use the JusJoJan badge (above) in your post so that others can find your post more easily.
8. Have fun!
If you’d like to look ahead to see the upcoming prompt words, click this link: https://lindaghill.com/2016/12/31/just-jot-it-january-2017-rules/ You can always write your post ahead of time and schedule it to come out on the appropriate day.