A very good Friday morning to you! It’s time for your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. I hope all my friends in the US are having a lovely holiday weekend. Be careful in the stores! They must be madhouses today. Here’s your prompt:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “ink.” Use it as a noun or a verb. Have fun!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here at this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: INDIGO INK – REPRISE | The Reluctant Poet
November 26, 2017 at 8:46 pm
This is my contribution to the #Socs
Pingback: Tattoo – Megha's World
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Sunday: A musical interlude. – RETURN OF THE INTERNET NOBODY
November 26, 2017 at 4:38 am
Hi Linda, yes, I have fun doing this post. Thank you!
Pingback: SoCS November 25, 2017 | The Shower of Blessings
Pingback: #SoCS – Why bother? | Linda G. Hill
Pingback: Thinking ink | My journey to a butterfly
November 25, 2017 at 10:29 pm
Some fiction, and some reality…
Pingback: The Scent of Inkberries: #SoCS and #NaNoWriMo2017
Pingback: Getting Inked – Stream of Consciousness Saturday #SoCS | Jeanne Owens, author
Pingback: INDIGO INK | The Reluctant Poet
Pingback: Ink – SOCS – Stream of Consciousness Saturday | teleportingweena
Pingback: #SoCS 11/25/2017 – J-Dubs Grin and Bear It
Pingback: ink stained fingers | #socs – HIP TO BE SNARK
Pingback: SoCS: Ink | NOT MY SECRET…overcoming the shame of sexual abuse
Pingback: ink. #socs | what sandra thinks
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: Ink – Image & Word
Pingback: an ink kink – Karyn's Domain
November 25, 2017 at 10:19 am
Reblogged this on Dream Big, Dream Often.
Pingback: Always Stay Humble and Kind – The Green Horseman
Pingback: Signed Up for Spaghetti Night | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: SoCS — Dare to be Different – This, That, and The Other
Pingback: SoCS: pens, pencils, and pixels – Top of JC's Mind
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Ink – You Can Always Start Now!
Pingback: That Note Was Given To Me By Bing Crosby… #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Prompt “Ink” | Fiction Favorites
Pingback: SoCS – the opposite of impermanent | Riddle from the Middle
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: “Ink” | fallonbrownwrites
November 25, 2017 at 3:29 am
It’s been a while https://tracesofthesoul.wordpress.com/2017/11/25/blue-monday-socs/
Pingback: Blue Monday (SoCS) – Traces of the Soul
Pingback: Endless love… – Playing with words
Pingback: SoCS November 25, 2017 – The Bag Lady
Pingback: The Residue of You #SoCS | Her Headache
Pingback: The Leaking Ink – Leaking Ink
Pingback: #SoCS Nov. 25/17 – Ink | But I Smile Anyway...
Pingback: SoCS - Ink
Pingback: Pen and Ink | Notes Tied On The Sagebrush
November 24, 2017 at 10:44 pm
Pingback: Spilling Ink – Reena Saxena
Pingback: Your Ink #SoCS – The Secret Letters to Timbo
November 24, 2017 at 5:55 pm
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Nov. 25/17 | Tessa Can Do It! Positivity is Catching!
Pingback: Freakish Deviance – A Unique Title For Me
November 24, 2017 at 12:26 pm
scheduled for 25th November