Hey, all! You’re used to getting prompts from me; now it’s your turn!
Just Jot It Januaary is not only a fun way to meet people, it’s a great way to inspire writers to keep writing once the holidays are finished and life is returning to normal. Prompts are an incredible device to get the imagination going. Wouldn’t you like to inspire a bunch of bloggers to write? Of course you would!
What I need is 22 single words to use in the Just Jot It January challenge. Read the rules carefully! This is how you can be included:
- The first 22 comments on this post that include a single word will be the prompts for the 22 days in January that I won’t be writing my own prompts (aka One-Liner Wednesday and Stream of Consciousness Saturday). If you write more than one word in your comment, for example, “My word is antidisestablishmentarianism,” I’ll ignore it. Same thing if you try to slip in two, even in two different comments–I’ll only accept the first. If I get the same word twice, I’ll only accept the first person who got to it. If you’re the second, feel free to try again. And please, remember this is a relatively G-rated blog, so nothing too risque.
- I’ll link back to the blog of whomever gives me a prompt on the day I use it.
- Make sure you get your comment in early. You don’t want to miss out!
- Please don’t bother entering a prompt if your blog is inactive. If you haven’t posted in over a month and you’re only looking for clicks, your prompt word will be rejected. If, on the other hand, you’re planning to use JusJoJan to inspire you to get back into the swing of things, let me know immediately in a second comment — NOT the one you give your prompt word in. Remember, that’s ONE word only.
- I observed last year, with all the turmoil going on down south of the Canadian border, that many of our prompt words were negative in nature. I found they didn’t do as well as the more positive words. I don’t want to limit you, but please keep in mind that if your word is on the sadder side, your prompt may not get as much participation.
- If you provide a prompt, I encourage you to join in as much as possible throughout the month.
Please see my previous post for the Just Jot it January rules in detail. As I receive prompts here in the comments, I’ll list them over there for easy access. Here’s the link in case you missed it: https://lindaghill.com/2017/12/27/what-is-just-jot-it-january-2018-rules/
Okay. Are you ready? Aaaaand… prompt! One word!