It may be my love for writing or it might be my joy in sharing my passion, but I love to inspire people. Writing is one of the best ways of expressing ourselves, and certainly a wonderful method for organizing our thoughts and putting things in perspective. I find the latter to be essential to many of us here in the north in January, while we’re stuck inside and deprived of sunshine.
For these reasons plus one more, I developed Just Jot it January. Whether you write a story, a poem, an anecdote, or your plans for the future, JusJoJan will, I hope, give you an excuse to jot something down every day in the month. What’s the one more reason? Writing is fun!!
In the post following this one I will ask for you to give us all a prompt, one of which will be posted on each of five days of every week in January. Hard to explain here, but it will be clear in the prompt post, where there will be another set of rules.
Here are the general rules to follow for Just Jot it January:
1. Just Jot It January starts January 1st, but it’s never too late to join in! Here, we run on the honour system; the “jot it” part of JusJoJan means that anything you jot down, anywhere (it doesn’t have to be a post, it can even be a grocery list) counts as a “Jot.” If it makes it to your blog that day, great! If it waits a week to get from a sticky note to your screen, no problem!
2. This year, I’ll be posting prompts at 2am my time (GMT -5). You don’t have to follow the prompt word every day, but that will be where you leave your link for others to see. There will be a prompt for every day except Wednesday, when the prompt is simply my One-Liner Wednesday. Each prompt post will include the rules. To ping back, just copy the URL from the daily prompt post, and paste it anywhere in your post. Check to make sure your link shows up where you want it to, and go back occasionally to see other bloggers’ entries – the more you visit others, the more they’ll visit you! Note: The newest pingbacks will be at the top of the comments section.
3. Tag your post JusJoJan and/or #JusJoJan.
4. Write anything! Any length will do! It can even be a photo or a drawing – you’re going to title it, right? There’s your jot!
5. The prompts will appear every day that’s neither a Wednesday nor a Saturday–Saturday’s JusJoJan prompt will be Stream of Consciousness Saturday. You’ll find the list of prompt words below. Remember, you don’t have to use the prompts. Please write whatever inspires you.
6. If you’d like to, use the JusJoJan badge so that others can find your post more easily.
7. Have fun!
I’ll fill in the prompts as I have them, along with a link to the blog of the person who supplied the prompt:
January 1st – Drama ~ Ritu
January 2nd – Boisterous ~ Dan Antion
January 3rd – (One-Liner Wednesday)
January 4th – Passionate ~ Rosemary Carlson
January 5th – Memories ~ Cage Dunn
January 6th – (SoCS – “eco”)
January 7th – Indelible ~ Ruth
January 8th – Pants ~ pensitivity101
January 9th – Coffee ~ Barbara
January 10th – (One-Liner Wednesday)
January 11th – Humiliate ~ Jim Adams
January 12th – Aggravate ~ Fandango
January 13th – (SoCS – sixth, seventh, and eighth word)
January 14th – Ultimatum ~ Itinerary Planner
January 15th – Justice ~ Barb
January 16th – Contemplation ~ Cheryl
January 17th – (One-Liner Wednesday)
January 18th – Revolt ~ Sandra
January 19th – Darkness ~ Kerry
January 20th – (SoCS –
January 21st – Silence ~ Willow
January 22nd – Liberty ~ Capt Jill
January 23rd – Colour ~ supernaturalsnark
January 24th – (One-Liner Wednesday)
January 25th – Prediction ~ Dar
January 26th – Address ~ John Holton
January 27th – (SoCS –
January 28th – Knight ~ Leta Hawk
January 29th – Fantastic ~ Jill (J-Dubs)
January 30th – Scrumptious ~ Judy
January 31st – (One-Liner Wednesday)