Friday today, and time for your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. I struggled with choosing a word for tomorrow’s prompt. This statement may remain vague, or I may explain in a follow-up post. If I don’t get around to it, I apologize. What I will say is that my suggestion that you have fun with this weekly segment is what decided me in the end. Anyway, here’s your prompt:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “bug.” Use it any way you’d like. Have fun!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here at this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: 4 Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompts! « culturevultureexpress
Pingback: SoCS~ Bugs | Margret's Life Journey
Pingback: Flash Fiction: Lunch | The Dark Netizen
Pingback: A Lesson in The Bug… | a cooking pot and twisted tales
Pingback: Nary A Bug in Sight…SoCS | a cooking pot and twisted tales
Pingback: Going Buggy | Notes Tied On The Sagebrush
Pingback: Bug #SOCS #StreamofConsciousnessSaturday | kirstwrites
Pingback: Bugs #SoCS | Sascha Darlington's Microcosm Explored
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – 23 June 2014 | Diary of an Adventurous Retiree
Pingback: #soCs june 23rd 2018 – Therapy Bits
Pingback: Lightnin’ Bugs -Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Bug | teleportingweena
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday — bug 6/23/18 – wtf Am I On About Now?
Pingback: #SoCS – Butterfly | Linda G. Hill
Pingback: SoCS June 23, 2018 – The Bag Lady
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: Bug – Mint Tea and Elephants
Pingback: SoCS: Bugs: a big part of my life – sixty, single and surviving
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: Bug – Ruth Blogs Here
June 23, 2018 at 9:22 am
My pingback didn’t work because I accidentally hit publish last night before I was done and then reverted to draft. So here’s the right link.
Pingback: Doodle Bug and Other Silly Nicknames for Dogs | Anything is Possible!
June 23, 2018 at 8:37 am
Hope you feel better soon! http://www.quaintrevival.com/a-little-sprouts-transplanting-adventure/
Pingback: #SoCS for 6/23/18 ~ Bug – J-Dubs Grin and Bear It
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: “Bug” | fallonbrownwrites
June 23, 2018 at 7:25 am
Still not sure my ping backs are, well, pinging back
Pingback: On Bug and Bugs #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Bug – You Can Always Start Now!
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Prompt “Bug” | Fiction Favorites
Pingback: Save Me a Spot – No Facilities
Pingback: SoCS – “Moooommm! He’s bugging me!!” – Riddle from the Middle
Pingback: #SoCS June 23/18 – “bug” – Ladyleemanila
June 23, 2018 at 1:08 am
Pingback: Letting it out – Reena Saxena
Pingback: Squashed Like a Bug – A Unique Title For Me
June 22, 2018 at 1:55 pm
It’s a fine prompt! Perfectly clear. 😊❤️
June 22, 2018 at 12:19 pm
I hope you’re feeling better.
June 22, 2018 at 11:28 am
scheduled for tomorrow Linda
June 22, 2018 at 9:56 am
I get your drift 😱 I was hoping you were feeling better by now. Sending feeling hugs 💜💜💜
June 22, 2018 at 10:47 am