I’m not sure how I managed to forget I took this photo with all the updates I’ve done recently on Alex’s health. Good news is our first full day back from the hospital was uneventful. Things are definitely looking up since this, the evening of December 26th when he fell asleep sitting up on the couch after a full day of non-stop coughing.
Yes, that was three lines and this is four: do your best to keep it to one line. 😛
Here are the general rules to follow for Just Jot it January:
1. Just Jot It January starts January 1st, but it’s never too late to join in! Here, we run on the honour system; the “jot it” part of JusJoJan means that anything you jot down, anywhere (it doesn’t have to be a post, it can even be a grocery list) counts as a “Jot.” If it makes it to your blog that day, great! If it waits a week to get from a sticky note to your screen, no problem!
2. I’ll post the daily prompts at 2am my time (GMT -5), every day except for Saturday’s Stream of Consciousness (SoCS) prompt–you’ll find that one on Friday morning at 9:30am. That daily post (i.e. this one) will be where you leave your link for others to find in the comment section. There will be a prompt for every day except Wednesday, when the prompt is simply my One-Liner Wednesday.
2a. Since today is Wednesday, I challenge you to make your JusJoJan post a one-liner. If you don’t care to, or if you’ve already written your post, no problem. Remember, with One-Liner Wednesday you can write anything – it’s only a prompt to write one line, not necessarily to keep to the same theme as mine. The rules that I’ve made for myself (but don’t always follow) for “One-Liner Wednesday” are:
(i) Make it one sentence.
(ii) Make it either funny or inspirational.
(iii) Use our unique tag #1linerWeds.
(iv) Enjoy yourself!
(v) Use our One-Liner Wednesday badge.
3. As long as your blog is on WordPress, you’ll be able to link via pingback. To execute a pingback, just copy the URL from the daily prompt post, and paste it anywhere in your post. Check to make sure your link shows up where you want it to, and go back occasionally to see other bloggers’ entries – the more you visit others, the more they’ll visit you! If you’re participating from another blogging host, just drop a link into the comment section. Note: The newest pingbacks and comments will appear at the top.
4. Tag your post JusJoJan and/or #JusJoJan.
5. Write anything! Any length will do! It can even be a photo or a drawing – you’re going to title it, right? There’s your jot!
6. The prompts are here both to remind you and to inspire you to write. However, you don’t have to use the prompt word of the day. You can link any kind of jot back here. Note: If it’s 18+ content, please say so in a comment with your link or close to your pingback.
7. If you’d like to, use the JusJoJan badge so that others can find your post more easily.
8. Have fun!
December 23, 2019 at 7:16 pm
Are you going to do this for Jan 2020? Also can you do a tutorial on how to do a ping back?
December 24, 2019 at 3:23 pm
Hi Suzanne! Yes, I’ll probably do JusJuJan again. All you do to create a pingback is copy the URL in the address bar of the post you want the pingback to show up in the comments for, and paste that URL anywhere in your own post. The pingbacks are what you see in the comments here. Let me know if you need any more help. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
January 9, 2019 at 3:13 am
My entry : https://gattinawritercramps.blogspot.com/2019/01/wordless-wednesday.html
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: join the dance – #1linerWeds – Riddle from the Middle
Pingback: sometimes it’s a process – #1linerWeds – Riddle from the Middle
Pingback: Just quickly – Jot #2 – Forty, c'est Fantastique !
Pingback: January 2, 2019 – Dandelion Fuzz
Pingback: One-Liner Wednesday/Jot It January 20190102 | Darswords
January 2, 2019 at 11:50 pm
Running late, and not quite sure it fits – but sharing anyway.
Pingback: Another Face: Just Jot It January 2/ One-Liner Wednesday – ShanJeniah's Lovely Chaos