Friday’s here, and I’m late for your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. I’m sorry. 😦 Explanation to follow–and no, it’s not that I forgot about you. During the month of April, I’ll use the appropriate letter of the day to correspond with the A to Z Challenge, so anyone who’s participating in both challenges can do so at the same time. Here’s your prompt:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “xp.” Use it as a word, or find a word with “xp”in it. As always, use any way you’d like. Enjoy!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here to this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our pretty SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: Day 201 – LSS Attitude of Gratitude – Blog/#SoCS xp – There is always something to be grateful for. – ❀ Welcome To LSS Attitude of Gratitude❀
Pingback: Day 208 – LSS Attitude of Gratitude -#SoCS Fall From The Sky – There is always something to be grateful for. – ❀ Welcome To LSS Attitude of Gratitude❀
May 11, 2019 at 11:49 am
Thanks for the prompt! Here’s my celebration of a great friend. https://wp.me/p9xtV9-xH
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: Day 215 – LSS Attitude of Gratitude – Blog/SoCS – There is always something to be grateful for. – ❀ Welcome To LSS Attitude of Gratitude❀
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS April 27/19 | willowdot21