My list of things that are nuts:
1. Me for deciding to put my clocks back before midnight and declaring this post on time. (It’s still Saturday, damn it!)
2. Buying “mixed nuts” which, nine times out of ten, are 90% peanuts. Peanuts aren’t nuts, damn it!
3. My mother’s smoking habit. Or rather, the decision that was recently made by the management of her retirement home to charge old ladies with dementia $100 a pop for smoking too close to the building. That’s $30,000 per month if she forgets ten times a day!!!!
4. Nuts. Nuts are nuts. (Does not contain peanuts.)
5. NaNoWriMo. Which I am participating in this month. Or at least I used to think it was nuts to do it. But now that I’ve figured out how to write 1,667 words per day easily (sprints, particularly whilst depriving myself of my morning coffee until I’ve written 900 words), it doesn’t seem as nuts as it used to.
6. #5 is nuts. I shouldn’t have added it to the list.
7. Living somewhere where it gets cold in the winter. Then again, at least we’re not on fire. (Thinking of California, where things are really nuts. Take care of yourselves, Californians!)
8. Christmas carols and ads on the first of November. Calm down, damn it! We’re not going to forget it’s coming!
9. Wracking my brain in the attempt to come up with more things that are nuts when I really should be writing. Or sleeping!
This nutsy post is brought to you by Stream of Consciousness Saturday. (It’s still Saturday, damn it!) Click the following link to see how you, too, can join in the fun! https://lindaghill.com/2019/11/01/the-friday-reminder-and-prompt-for-socs-nov-2-19/