It’s Friday! And I’m here with your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. I’m happy to be able to report that we’ve had cooler weather this week. It was downright cold last night! My A/C is happy to have a break, I’m sure. Here’s your SoCS prompt for this week:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “spot.” Write whatever image the word “spot” invokes. Have fun!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here to this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our beautiful SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Aug. 8/2020 – Tessa Dean – Author
Pingback: A Bit of a Rant – Ruth Blogs Here
Pingback: A Spot of My Own | MY ENDURING BONES
Pingback: #SoCS Aug. 8/2020 – Mukhamani
August 9, 2020 at 5:50 am
Pingback @ https://indishe.wordpress.com/2020/08/09/the-friday-reminder-and-prompt-for-socs-aug-8-2020/
Apologies for late submission!
LikeLiked by 1 person
August 13, 2020 at 9:38 pm
It’s okay. I was late too!
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Aug. 8/2020 – theindieshe
Pingback: #SoCS – Spot the difference |
Pingback: More Spot Stuff #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: Stream Of Consciousnesses Saturday- Spot – Keep it alive
August 8, 2020 at 6:22 pm
[…] The Friday Reminder and Prompt for SoCS August 8, 2020 […]
August 8, 2020 at 6:08 pm
My entry – https://transitionofthoughts.com/2020/08/09/misanthrope/
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: Lots of Spots or Not – Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Spot | teleportingweena
Pingback: FTWT – The Spot – Very Important Stuff Here
Pingback: You’re In My Spot – Stream of Consciousness Saturday #SoCS | Jeanne Owens, author
Pingback: Our Sunday, 3 decades ago – Live Love Laugh Learn
Pingback: SoCS: News! – Top of JC's Mind
Pingback: Time to Leave - Poetry For Healing
August 8, 2020 at 1:05 pm
Here’s mine Linda. Enjoy your weekend!
Pingback: spot ~ a senryu – Mindfills
Pingback: HOT SPOT SHOT | Sweet aroma
Pingback: Spot On – A Unique Title For Me
Pingback: SoCs Saturday: 08/08/2020 – the Hotspot – Beyond Thought
Pingback: I can spot them a mile away. – Freckled Foolery
Pingback: Spot – Puzzle – SoCS – CᖇazY Neᖇɗs
Pingback: Praising The Sun Fierce – Family Matters
Pingback: SoCS: Spots on My Apples | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: SoCS – This Week’s Prompt is Spot On – From Cave Walls
Pingback: Spot [socs] | Light Motifs II
Pingback: The week we became negative 91 percenters – Quaint Revival
Pingback: SoCS — Out, Out Damn Spot – This, That, and The Other
August 8, 2020 at 6:15 am
SoCS: Spot 8 August 2020 https://www.hesterleynel.co.za/2020/08/08/socs-out-damned-spot-out-i-say/
Pingback: #SoCS for 8/8/20 – J-Dubs Grin and Bear It
Pingback: Release – Debbie Gravett
Pingback: Stream of Conscious Saturday – Prompt – “Spot.” | Fiction Favorites
Pingback: In Fact, Things Could Be Worse – SoCS – No Facilities
Pingback: SoCS 8-8-20 – Spot – The Bag Lady
Pingback: Pizza, Teddy, and Gorby #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
August 8, 2020 at 3:17 am
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Aug. 8/2020 | willowdot21
August 8, 2020 at 2:45 am
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt. 8th August 2020 | willowdot21
Pingback: SoCS – time to hunt some treasure – Riddle from the Middle
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Aug. 8/2020 — – All About Writing and more
Pingback: Garden Spotting | Notes Tied On The Sagebrush
Pingback: My 53rd SOCS Entry: Spot Words | queennandini
Pingback: SoCS: Spot | D.Katie Powell Art
Pingback: Stream of consciousness prompt 8th august 2020! – Therapy Bits
August 7, 2020 at 12:09 pm
For tomorrow Linda