Welcome to the Daily 2021 Just Jot it January Prompt and the Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt for SATURDAY, JANUARY 23rd!
For those of you joining SoCS for the first time, it’s a little different than the other prompts in that it’s not always a whole word. Much may be left up to your discretion: this week is no exception. Having said that, if you’re joining in from JusJoJan, don’t want to write stream of consciousness style, no worries. It’s up to you! If you do want to try it, please check out the rules below. It’s fun! Here’s your Saturday prompt:
Your prompt for #JusJoJan and Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “close eyes and point.” When you’re ready to write your post, open a book, a newspaper, or whatever is handy and close your eyes and point. Whatever word or picture your finger lands on, make that the basis of your SoCS/JusJoJan post. Enjoy!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here at this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
You can also use the Just Jot it January badge! To find the rules for Just Jot it January, click here.
Here are the rules for SoCS:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
September 22, 2021 at 2:35 pm
Great posst thankyou
Pingback: DEAR BLOGGERS | Sweet aroma
Pingback: Months Gone Bye – Debbie Gravett
Pingback: Inequality – Mapping uncertainty
Pingback: Travel – What if We all Cared?
Pingback: tales from the alehouse: the foreseer – Lorraine's frilly freudian slip
Pingback: #JusJoJan and Stream of Consciousness Saturday–The Basic | Darswords
Pingback: #SoCS #JusJoJan – ERASED – Don't Forget the Half
Pingback: #JusJoJan 23 & #SoCS – From |
Pingback: SoCS: close eyes and point | revivedwriter
January 23, 2021 at 7:40 pm
Hello, I am new here. Thank you for this awesome challenge. I did a pingback, so just wanted to say hello! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
January 23, 2021 at 10:54 pm
Hi Diedre! Thanks for joining in! 😀
Pingback: #JusJoJan & #SoCS | Jan. 23rd: Half Not – Toward the within…
Pingback: Spoonie Retirement – Life, love and immunity in the time of Covid – part 2 – JP the Wide-eyed Wanderer
Pingback: Somewhat Truthful – Poems for January – Very Important Stuff Here
January 23, 2021 at 2:33 pm
Sharing a non-SoCS post I wrote today by link rather than pingback: https://topofjcsmind.wordpress.com/2021/01/23/unmasked-2/
It’s an update on the coronavirus vaccine study I and my family are participating in.
January 23, 2021 at 10:55 pm
Great! Thanks for the link, Joanne. 😀
LikeLiked by 1 person
January 23, 2021 at 1:40 pm
My pingback didn’t work. I have it linked. But I don’t show see it in these comments (maybe takes a bit to reflect) but in the meantime: https://humblebuthumorous.com/2021/01/23/creativity/
January 23, 2021 at 12:25 pm
#SoCS-Jan. 23rd https://pianogirlthoughts.com/2021/01/23/a-red-coat-and-tulips/
Pingback: A Red Coat and Tulips – Piano Girl
January 23, 2021 at 12:13 pm
Here’s my contribution, as I don’t see the ping-back showing up. https://sparksfromacombustiblemind.com/2021/01/23/socs-unseasonable/
Pingback: SoCS Unseasonable | sparksfromacombustiblemind
Pingback: Requiem For A Couple Of Braves #socs #jusjojan – The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: Very Cold – sophiaxphotos
Pingback: #SoCS & #JusJoJan 2021 Daily Prompt – Jan. 23rd – Stine Writing
Pingback: #SoCS 2021 Daily Prompt – Jan. 23rd – Mukhamani
Pingback: Change Perception – Family Matters
Pingback: The Friday Reminder for #SoCS & #JusJoJan 2021 Daily Prompt – Jan. 23rd | willowdot21
Pingback: SoCS close eyes & point — 01.23.21 – wtf Am I On About Now?
January 23, 2021 at 10:54 am
Pingback: What is Important – Ruth Blogs Here
Pingback: Boss – Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Point | teleportingweena
Pingback: SoCS – Just Point – From Cave Walls
Pingback: SoCS: downtowns – sixty, single and surviving
Pingback: SoCS — Jail – This, That, and The Other
Pingback: JusJoJan and Stream Of Consciousnesses Saturday- January 23 2021 – Point the finger – Keep it alive
January 23, 2021 at 8:49 am
Pingback: Pokin’ and Prayin’ – #SoCS – defying atrophy
Pingback: Caramels [SOCS] | Light Motifs II
Pingback: Coffee in the Rain
Pingback: Name That Tune – #SoCS #JusJoJan – No Facilities
Pingback: SoCS 1-23-21 – The Bag Lady
Pingback: #JusJoJan & #SoCS ~ 1/23/12 – J-Dubs Grin and Bear It
Pingback: SoCS – what she says – Riddle from the Middle
January 23, 2021 at 1:29 am
I got my favourite activity as my word “sleep”
LikeLiked by 1 person
January 23, 2021 at 6:33 am
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: #SoCs-alexa – Therapy Bits
Pingback: SoCS & JusJoJan: Manifesting and Letting Go | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: Tres Fatigue | Notes Tied On The Sagebrush
Pingback: #SoCS – Jan. 23rd – Blank Sliding Off | But I Smile Anyway...
Pingback: The Friday Reminder for #SoCS & #JusJoJan 2021 Daily Prompt – Jan. 23rd – Tessa Dean – Author