Friday’s the day today, so today is the day for the Saturday Stream of Consciousness prompt. Sorry I’m so late; I got caught up with my editing after a chaotic morning. I’ll likely write about it later.
This prompt will also be the one for tomorrow’s JusJoJan post, so link back here even if you don’t write in Stream of Consciousness style. Here’s your prompt for this week:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday and Just Jot It January is: “wood/would.” Use one, use both, use them any way you would like. Have fun!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here at this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness or JusJoJan post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our SoCS badge. Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant.
You can also use the Just Jot It January badge! Here it is:
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: SoCS Jan.27/17 – WTF? Just SoCS
January 30, 2017 at 9:30 am
More Moonrise fun with “Noise Mirage:” https://article94.wordpress.com/2017/01/30/moonrise-ch38-noise-mirage/
Pingback: Moonrise CH38 – Noise Mirage | Article 94
Pingback: Stream of consciousness Sunday: The Accumulator, part twenty one… | Diary of an Internet Nobody.
Pingback: #JusJoJan Daily Prompt – Jan. 28th/17 | Just Plain Ol' Vic
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness: Wood/ Would – Image & Word
January 29, 2017 at 1:27 am
My intent was to use “wood” as my focus, and completely unintentionally, I used the word “would” to end the story! OK, so this doesn’t read nearly as exciting as it felt…you’re going to have to take my word for it:)
Pingback: A feather in the woods | My journey to a butterfly
Pingback: #SoCS and #JusJoJan Jan. 28/17–wood/would | Darswords
Pingback: #SoCS and Just Jot It Jan 28 – Distraction | Linda G. Hill
January 28, 2017 at 7:01 pm
Just in time today: https://waffle-with-wendy.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/socs-plus-jusjojan-28th-january.html
January 28, 2017 at 11:32 pm
You had plenty of time by my watch! 🙂 Thanks for linking, Wendy. 😀
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: SOC: Would you like to live without wood? | Ginni bites!
Pingback: Just Jot It January: Stream Of Consciousness Saturday:Wood /Would | willowdot21
Pingback: Wood, Would, Chucks, and Woodchucks — Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Spikey Katfish
Pingback: Alaska; Kentucky; Seoul, Korea | A Texan's View of Upstate New York
Pingback: SoCS: What would you do? – Top of JC's Mind
Pingback: Just Jottin SoCS — Would that I Could | joeyfullystated
Pingback: Carved Outta Wood | Accidentally Inspired
Pingback: Wood/ Would | sixty, single and surviving
Pingback: Liar Liar – Word Adventures
Pingback: Would You Believe? – The Zombies Ate My Brains
Pingback: Satiating Saturdays – Why it is completely okay to be alone and not be part of the crowd. – Emotions that matter.
Pingback: JJJ & SOCS – WOOD | teleportingweena
Pingback: How Much Wood Would A Woodchuck Chuck If A Woodchuck Could Chuck Wood? #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: SOCS/Just Jot It: Day 28 – “Wood/Would” | fallonbrownwrites
Pingback: SoCS – the terror of tongue twisters | Riddle from the Middle
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Prompt “Wood/Would | Fiction Favorites
Pingback: Wood burning | Books, Music, Photography, & Movies
Pingback: almond wood boat | in 25 words more or less
Pingback: SoCS Jan.27/17 – wtf Am I On About Now?
Pingback: If a tree falls… – Leaking Ink
January 28, 2017 at 2:46 am
Pingback: Couple of Haiku: Rain & Mist – Thoughts of Words
January 28, 2017 at 1:50 am
Pingback: SoCS/jusjojan/#cyw: the box – Lorraine's frilly freudian slip
Pingback: #SoCS and #JusJoJan January 28th Would You Believe It
Pingback: #JusJoJan Daily Prompt / #SoCS – Jan. 28th/17 – Wood/Would | But I Smile Anyway...
Pingback: Redwood | Notes Tied On The Sagebrush
January 27, 2017 at 5:43 pm
Hi Linda, best wishes for your weekend:
January 29, 2017 at 12:39 am
Thank you. 🙂 You too, dear Michael.
Pingback: #SoCS and #JusJoJan Jan. 28/17 – “wood/would” – Ladyleemanila