Hey there! Another Monday morning on which to serve up your Just Jot It January prompt! I’m off on a field trip this morning to McDonald’s with Alex. Who wants breakfast? Coffee? Tea?
If I don’t get those to you before they get cold, I can at least get you a nice warm prompt… or is it cold too? You decide:
The Just Jot It January 30th prompt, brought to you by John Holton of The Sound of One Hand Typing, is: “Blue.” Use it any way you’re inspired to. And make sure you stop by and say hi to John as well! Here’s his blog: https://thesoundofonehandtyping.wordpress.com/ .
The rules for Just Jot It January are as follows:
1. It’s never too late to join in! Here, we run on the honour system; the “jot it” part of JusJoJan means that anything you jot down, anywhere (it doesn’t have to be a post, it can even be a grocery list) counts as a “Jot.” If it makes it to your blog that day, great! If it waits a week to get from a sticky note to your screen, no problem!
2. The prompts will be posted every day at 2am my time (GMT -5). You don’t have to follow the prompt word, but this will be where you leave your link for others to see. Make sure you link your post to the correct day’s prompt. There will be a post like this every day except Wednesday, when the prompt is simply my One-Liner Wednesday, and Saturday, when you’ll find the prompt on my usual Friday Reminder post for Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS).
3. As long as your blog is on WordPress, you’ll be able to link via pingback. To execute a pingback, just copy the URL from the daily prompt post, and paste it anywhere in your post. Check to make sure your link shows up where you want it to, and go back occasionally to see other bloggers’ entries – the more you visit others, the more they’ll visit you! If you’re participating from another blogging host, just drop a link into the comment section. Note: The newest pingbacks and comments will be at the top.
4. Tag your post JusJoJan and/or #JusJoJan.
5. Write anything! Any length will do! It can even be a photo or a drawing – you’re going to title it, right? There’s your jot!
6. The prompts are here both to remind you and to inspire you to write. However, you don’t have to use the prompt word of the day. You can link any kind of jot back here. Even your shopping list. Note: If it’s 18+ content, please say so in a comment with your link.
7. If you’d like to, use the JusJoJan badge (above) in your post so that others can find your post more easily.
8. Have fun!
If you’d like to look ahead to see the upcoming prompt words, click this link: https://lindaghill.com/2016/12/31/just-jot-it-january-2017-rules/ You can always write your post ahead of time and schedule it to come out on the appropriate day.
Pingback: #JusJoJan Daily Prompt – Jan. 30th/17–Blue | Darswords
January 31, 2017 at 12:38 am
I’m a little blue that it took me so long to get this posted…I just got wrapped up in Other Things…
Pingback: I’m blue da ba dee da ba die.. | JusJoJan, 30. | HIP TO BE SNARK
Pingback: Just Jot It Jan 30 – Blue | Linda G. Hill
Pingback: in the hallway – that cynking feeling
Pingback: Humbled and Hopeful, #JusJoJan | Her Headache
Pingback: Jusjojan-Blue – All About Writing and more
January 30, 2017 at 2:52 pm
Hi, Linda. Don’t know if I did everything right but hopped on board today with blue/blew. https://onetahayes.com/2017/01/30/getting-out-of-the-blues/ I have read a little over half of your “All Good Stories,” kindle version. I am enjoying the conflict of poor Xavier as he drools over his Jupiter! Will he get her? I’ll find out.
Pingback: GETTING OUT OF THE BLUES | Sweet aroma
January 30, 2017 at 2:18 pm
I love double sausage and egg Mcmuffin but have to make do with a latte! Hope you enjoyed breakfast 🙂
Pingback: Monday’s Music Moves Me: Blue Monday #JusJoJan – The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: Just Jotting Share Your World — January 30, 2017 | joeyfullystated
Pingback: I Always Come Back to Blue | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: JUST JOT IT JANUARY – BLUE | teleportingweena
Pingback: Missouri arrival – Top of JC's Mind
Pingback: #JusJoJan Daily Prompt – Jan. 30th/17 – blue – Ladyleemanila
January 30, 2017 at 10:42 am
Here’s mine: https://waffle-with-wendy.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/jusjojan-day-30-blue.html
Pingback: Just Jot It January : Blue | willowdot21
Pingback: Just Jot It January: Day 30 – “Blue” | fallonbrownwrites
Pingback: #cyw/jusjojan: the goddess | in 25 words more or less
Pingback: #JusJoJan Daily Prompt – Jan. 30th/17 – All About Writing and more
Pingback: #JusJoJan January 30th – Blue | Musings of a pseudo-writer
January 30, 2017 at 2:14 am
I’ll take some coffee but not right now. Time to head off to bed and don’t want the coffee to keep me up. 🙂
Pingback: Blue | Notes Tied On The Sagebrush
Pingback: #JusJoJan Daily Prompt – Jan. 30th/17 – Blue | But I Smile Anyway...
Pingback: #JusJoJan January 30th Blue