It’s Friday again and time for your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. Being that it’s Remembrance Day in Canada on November 11th, I’ve decided on a prompt that may end up leading people into touchy subjects. But it doesn’t have to! As always, there’s more than one way to interpret the prompt. Here it is for this week:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “arm.” Use it as a word or find a word with “arm” in it. Have fun!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here at this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: Fandangos Friday Flashback – The Bag Lady
Pingback: #SoCS Armistice | Rhyme and No Reason!
Pingback: #SoCS Armistice - Judy E Martin
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday late on Sunday. Arm | willowdot21
Pingback: Candy… – Playing with words
Pingback: Stream-of-Consciousness: Arm Yourself | Accidentally Inspired
Pingback: A Bit Late SoCS 11/11/17 – Ready to wrap my arm around it! | My Rattled Cage
Pingback: #SoCS – Moments in Arms | Linda G. Hill
Pingback: Veterans Day part 2 | NOT MY SECRET…overcoming the shame of sexual abuse
Pingback: Lay Down Your Weapons #RemembranceDay #SoCS | Her Headache
November 11, 2017 at 7:16 pm
Hi Linda, hope you are well
Pingback: SoCS Nov. 11/17 – arm | Morpethroad
Pingback: Take Up Arms – Stream of Consciousness Saturday #SoCS | Jeanne Owens, author
November 11, 2017 at 4:08 pm
November 11, 2017 at 3:30 pm
Hi Linda, thank you for the great prompt. https://theshowerofblessings.wordpress.com/2017/11/11/socs-november-11-2017/
Pingback: SoCS November 11, 2017 | The Shower of Blessings
Pingback: #SoCS — Armed Services | joeyfullystated
November 11, 2017 at 2:32 pm
Giving it another go!
Pingback: Arm Idioms – A Unique Title For Me
Pingback: Arms – Leaking Ink
Pingback: SoCS Veterans Day 2017 – The Bag Lady
Pingback: Veteran’s Day – SOCS – Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Arm | teleportingweena
Pingback: #SoCS for November 11, 2017 – J-Dubs Grin and Bear It
Pingback: SoCS — Spelling Matters – This, That, and The Other
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness: Arm | fallonbrownwrites
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Prompt “Arm” | Fiction Favorites
November 11, 2017 at 4:58 am
Reblogged this on All About Writing and more.
Pingback: BIRTH TO DEATH – Reena Saxena
Pingback: SoCS – modern day America’s quicksand, plus other arms | Riddle from the Middle
Pingback: A Swarm Of Butterflies | Notes Tied On The Sagebrush
Pingback: A Well Armed Veteran | Anything is Possible!
November 11, 2017 at 12:19 am
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: Arm Troubles #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing