Hey there! It’s Friday, which means it’s time for your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. I’ve been really itching to write something new lately. That’s a good thing because I have a couple of stories to submit for upcoming anthologies. No idea what to do yet, though. Maybe I’ll get inspired by this weekend’s prompt. Here it is:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “start with a noun.” Start your post with a noun, and write about whatever it is. Have fun!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here at this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our new SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: 4 Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompts! « culturevultureexpress
Pingback: SoCS : Suicide posts and memes and why they anger me…Chains | NOT MY SECRET…My story…My truth
Pingback: Food and Growth for #SoCS June 9, 2018
Pingback: Driving off the spleen.. | Relax--
Pingback: #SoCS June 9/18- “start with a noun” | Margret's Life Journey
Pingback: #SoCS – Posts | Linda G. Hill
Pingback: Following Trails | Notes Tied On The Sagebrush
Pingback: Nuts! -Stream of Consciousness Saturday – SOCS – Noun | teleportingweena
Pingback: Drawin’ A Blank #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: SoCS: Diapers – That Anxious Mom
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday — Start with a noun, 6/9/18 – wtf Am I On About Now?
Pingback: Pictures – Cookies & Moo
Pingback: SoCS; Rain – sixty, single and surviving
Pingback: #SoCS for 6/9/18 ~ Noun – J-Dubs Grin and Bear It
Pingback: Storm watching memories – Quaint Revival
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: “Flowers” | fallonbrownwrites
Pingback: SoCS — All About the Noun – This, That, and The Other
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Prompt -Start with a Noun | Fiction Favorites
June 9, 2018 at 4:19 am
Pingback: Romila – Reena Saxena
Pingback: Sparks Fly – No Facilities
Pingback: #SoCS June 9/18 – “start with a noun” – Ladyleemanila
Pingback: SoCS – credible, real, and imminent threats against those Canadian geese – Riddle from the Middle
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS June 9/18 | willowdot21
Pingback: Clutter and Treasure | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: Person, Place, Thing, Idea, Action or Quality – A Unique Title For Me
Pingback: Where is the Church? — AUTHORITY – Sharing With Others –
Pingback: SoCS 6-8-18 – Shardoma – The Bag Lady