Hello, and welcome to 2018! It may be cold outside where you are, or it might be stifling hot. One way or another, I hope you’re comfortable at your device and ready for your first prompt here at Just Jot it January!
Your prompt for January 1st, 2018, brought to you by the lovely Ritu, is “Drama.” Use it any way you’d like in your post. And make sure you visit Ritu at her blog, “But I Smile Anyway…” to read her post and say hi! Here’s her link: https://butismileanyway.com/
Here are the general rules to follow for Just Jot it January:
1. Just Jot It January starts January 1st, but it’s never too late to join in! Here, we run on the honour system; the “jot it” part of JusJoJan means that anything you jot down, anywhere (it doesn’t have to be a post, it can even be a grocery list) counts as a “Jot.” If it makes it to your blog that day, great! If it waits a week to get from a sticky note to your screen, no problem!
2. I’ll post the daily prompts at 2am my time (GMT -5), every day except for Saturday’s Stream of Consciousness (SoCS) prompt–you’ll find that one on Friday morning at 9:30am. That daily post (i.e. this one) will be where you leave your link for others to find in the comment section. There will be a prompt for every day except Wednesday, when the prompt is simply my One-Liner Wednesday.
3. As long as your blog is on WordPress, you’ll be able to link via pingback. To execute a pingback, just copy the URL from the daily prompt post, and paste it anywhere in your post. Check to make sure your link shows up where you want it to, and go back occasionally to see other bloggers’ entries – the more you visit others, the more they’ll visit you! If you’re participating from another blogging host, just drop a link into the comment section. Note: The newest pingbacks and comments will appear at the top.
4. Tag your post JusJoJan and/or #JusJoJan.
5. Write anything! Any length will do! It can even be a photo or a drawing – you’re going to title it, right? There’s your jot!
6. The prompts are here both to remind you and to inspire you to write. However, you don’t have to use the prompt word of the day. You can link any kind of jot back here. Note: If it’s 18+ content, please say so in a comment with your link or close to your pingback.
7. If you’d like to, use the JusJoJan badge so that others can find your post more easily.
8. Have fun!
To find the full list of daily prompts from now until the end of the month, click this link: https://lindaghill.com/2017/12/27/what-is-just-jot-it-january-2018-rules/ and scroll down to the bottom of the post.
Pingback: Fandango’s Flashback Friday — January 1 – This, That, and The Other
Pingback: #JusJotJan 2018. January 1st Drama | Rhyme and No Reason!
Pingback: Scrumptious- #JusJoJan 30 | Forty, c'est Fantastique !
Pingback: Knight – #JusJoJan 28 | Forty, c'est Fantastique !
Pingback: Read it in the tea leaves – #JusJoJan 25 | Forty, c'est Fantastique !
Pingback: Liberty – #JusJoJan 22 | Forty, c'est Fantastique !
Pingback: Darkness – #JusJoJan 19 | Forty, c'est Fantastique !
Pingback: Revolt – #JusJoJan 18 | Forty, c'est Fantastique !