Wednesday, January 10th, 8:00pm
Justin and Mr. Splindle
Mr Splindle: So what’s the damage?
Justin: I beg your pardon?
Mr. Splindle: How much did you get out of the old lady last night?
Justin: A couple thou.
Mr. Splindle: That’s my boy! You’re gonna go far.
Justin: I’m not so sure about this deal …
Mr. Splindle: No! You’ve done good! All you need is a little confidence in yourself. Tell you what. We’ll head out to the peeler bars tonight, get you good and happy, and then tomorrow you can start off fresh. What do you say?
Justin stares quietly.
Mr. Splindle: There’s a lot of money in it for you, son.
Justin: But … It’s dishonest.
Mr. Splindle:(regarding him with a frown) Think of it this way. What you did last night was no more dishonest than what that woman is doing to our poor government. She’s no more disabled than you or I.
Justin: But she did seem a little …
Mr. Splindle: A little what? Gimpy? All an act! (laughs) You’ve got to learn when someone’s having you on, my boy. But I’ll teach you. Yes, my son, you’ve got a lot to learn.
Justin: Mr. Splindle?
Mr. Splindle: Yes lad?
Justin: I’m not your son.
Mr. Splindle:(chuckles) It’s an affectation, my boy. Besides, at the rate you’re going it’s only a matter of time before we’re just like family. Don’t you think? Now let’s go get ourselves some ass!
It’s the age-old battle of mother and child, yet since I became an editor, it has taken on a new tone:
(The first photo, in fridge magnets, is written “Mom! Stop editing my life” and in the second image, is written “Fred! Stop editing my fridge.)
Here are the general rules to follow for Just Jot it January:
1. Just Jot It January starts January 1st, but it’s never too late to join in! Here, we run on the honour system; the “jot it” part of JusJoJan means that anything you jot down, anywhere (it doesn’t have to be a post, it can even be a grocery list) counts as a “Jot.” If it makes it to your blog that day, great! If it waits a week to get from a sticky note to your screen, no problem!
2. I’ll post the daily prompts at 2am my time (GMT -5), every day except for Saturday’s Stream of Consciousness (SoCS) prompt–you’ll find that one on Friday morning at 9:30am. That daily post (i.e. this one) will be where you leave your link for others to find in the comment section. There will be a prompt for every day except Wednesday, when the prompt is simply my One-Liner Wednesday.
2a. Since today is Wednesday, I challenge you to make your JusJoJan post a one-liner. If you don’t care to, or if you’ve already written your post, no problem. Remember, with One-Liner Wednesday you can write anything – it’s only a prompt to write one line, not necessarily to keep to the same theme as mine. The rules that I’ve made for myself (but don’t always follow) for “One-Liner Wednesday” are:
(i) Make it one sentence.
(ii) Make it either funny or inspirational.
(iii) Use our unique tag #1linerWeds.
(iv) Enjoy yourself!
(v) Use our One-Liner Wednesday badge.
3. As long as your blog is on WordPress, you’ll be able to link via pingback. To execute a pingback, just copy the URL from the daily prompt post, and paste it anywhere in your post. Check to make sure your link shows up where you want it to, and go back occasionally to see other bloggers’ entries – the more you visit others, the more they’ll visit you! If you’re participating from another blogging host, just drop a link into the comment section. Note: The newest pingbacks and comments will appear at the top.
4. Tag your post JusJoJan and/or #JusJoJan.
5. Write anything! Any length will do! It can even be a photo or a drawing – you’re going to title it, right? There’s your jot!
6. The prompts are here both to remind you and to inspire you to write. However, you don’t have to use the prompt word of theday. You can link any kind of jot back here. Note: If it’s 18+ content, please say so in a comment with your link or close to your pingback.
7. If you’d like to, use the JusJoJan badge so that others can find your post more easily.