I have this idea. It’s not really a theory, because I don’t really believe it to be true, but what if … Okay, I’ve tried to explain this concept to people before, and they just haven’t been able to grasp it. See if you can figure out what I’m trying to say. Ready?
What if …
What if we all see different colours? So for me, the sky is blue, right? And for you the sky is blue. But what if I could see through your eyes, and to me, through your eyes, the sky is what I’ve always known to be red? It doesn’t mean either of us are colour blind, because every time we see that colour, we identify it as “blue.” When you think about it, “blue” is really just a label, isn’t it?
So you could say that’s impossible, because you describe blue as being something that’s cold, and red as something that’s hot. But what if your sunburns are blue … if I see them through your eyes?
What if none of us see the same colours?
Blow your mind? Make any sense at all? Wait … Stop backing away slowly! I’m harmless, really!
Well, we’re back to our regular schedule, with your amazingly young hostess, me. I had enough of being old yesterday, thank you very much. I’ve officially decided to get younger by the day from here on in. Here’s your prompt:
Your prompt for January 23rd, 2018, brought to you by the kind, considerate, and eloquently snarky Supernatural Snark, is “Colour.” Use it any way you’d like in your post. And make sure you visit Super at her blog, “Supernatural Snark” to read her post and say hi! Here’s her link: https://supernaturalsnark.wordpress.com/
Here are the general rules to follow for Just Jot it January:
1. Just Jot It January starts January 1st, but it’s never too late to join in! Here, we run on the honour system; the “jot it” part of JusJoJan means that anything you jot down, anywhere (it doesn’t have to be a post, it can even be a grocery list) counts as a “Jot.” If it makes it to your blog that day, great! If it waits a week to get from a sticky note to your screen, no problem!
2. I’ll post the daily prompts at 2am my time (GMT -5), every day except for Saturday’s Stream of Consciousness (SoCS) prompt–you’ll find that one on Friday morning at 9:30am. That daily post (i.e. this one) will be where you leave your link for others to find in the comment section. There will be a prompt for every day except Wednesday, when the prompt is simply my One-Liner Wednesday.
3. As long as your blog is on WordPress, you’ll be able to link via pingback. To execute a pingback, just copy the URL from the daily prompt post, and paste it anywhere in your post. Check to make sure your link shows up where you want it to, and go back occasionally to see other bloggers’ entries – the more you visit others, the more they’ll visit you! If you’re participating from another blogging host, just drop a link into the comment section. Note: The newest pingbacks and comments will appear at the top.
4. Tag your post JusJoJan and/or #JusJoJan.
5. Write anything! Any length will do! It can even be a photo or a drawing – you’re going to title it, right? There’s your jot!
6. The prompts are here both to remind you and to inspire you to write. However, you don’t have to use the prompt word of theday. You can link any kind of jot back here. Note: If it’s 18+ content, please say so in a comment with your link or close to your pingback.
7. If you’d like to, use the JusJoJan badge so that others can find your post more easily.