I’ve been busy for much of the day ironing out the artwork for my second full-length novel, The Magician’s Blood. The darling and ever-patient Belinda Borradaile has been working hard, trying to meet my demands requests for yet another spectacular cover. Here’s what she’s done for me so far:
The next one is sure to be every bit as gorgeous.
Now, I just have to get my final edits done so that my story does her artwork justice. My hope was to have the new book out in February, but setbacks will likely push it back to March. Either way, watch out for more information about it soon! And if you haven’t read the first one yet, click on the cover and it will take you to Amazon. Much appreciated!
It’s time for a new work week to begin, and time for your daily Just Jot it January prompt. It’s been a busy weekend, and we’ve had weird weather. I hear the latter is the case for most of the continent! Anyway, here’s your prompt:
Your prompt for January 15th, 2018, brought to you by the lovely Barb, is “Justice.” Use it any way you’d like in your post. And make sure you visit Barb at her blog, “Gallimaufry,” to read her post and say hi! Here’s her link: https://barbct.wordpress.com/
Here are the general rules to follow for Just Jot it January:
1. Just Jot It January starts January 1st, but it’s never too late to join in! Here, we run on the honour system; the “jot it” part of JusJoJan means that anything you jot down, anywhere (it doesn’t have to be a post, it can even be a grocery list) counts as a “Jot.” If it makes it to your blog that day, great! If it waits a week to get from a sticky note to your screen, no problem!
2. I’ll post the daily prompts at 2am my time (GMT -5), every day except for Saturday’s Stream of Consciousness (SoCS) prompt–you’ll find that one on Friday morning at 9:30am. That daily post (i.e. this one) will be where you leave your link for others to find in the comment section. There will be a prompt for every day except Wednesday, when the prompt is simply my One-Liner Wednesday.
3. As long as your blog is on WordPress, you’ll be able to link via pingback. To execute a pingback, just copy the URL from the daily prompt post, and paste it anywhere in your post. Check to make sure your link shows up where you want it to, and go back occasionally to see other bloggers’ entries – the more you visit others, the more they’ll visit you! If you’re participating from another blogging host, just drop a link into the comment section. Note: The newest pingbacks and comments will appear at the top.
4. Tag your post JusJoJan and/or #JusJoJan.
5. Write anything! Any length will do! It can even be a photo or a drawing – you’re going to title it, right? There’s your jot!
6. The prompts are here both to remind you and to inspire you to write. However, you don’t have to use the prompt word of theday. You can link any kind of jot back here. Note: If it’s 18+ content, please say so in a comment with your link or close to your pingback.
7. If you’d like to, use the JusJoJan badge so that others can find your post more easily.