Today is Friday, and that means it’s time for your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. I’ve been totally swamped with work for the past couple of weeks and I realize I’m waaay behind on replying to many of your kind and wonderful comments. I promise to get caught up soon! In the meantime, here’s your prompt:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “so far.” Use it any way you’d like. Enjoy!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here at this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our new SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: Fandango’s Flashback Friday — March 10th – This, That, and the Other
Pingback: SoCS – Sometimes, things don’t go as smoothly as planned | This Thing Called Life One Word at a Time
Pingback: SoCS: Old Man Aggressive | Mary J Melange
Pingback: #SoCS March 10/18 – So Far « culturevultureexpress
March 13, 2018 at 11:33 pm
Hi linda sharing #SoCS link ..i know its too late.. hope its fine..
March 14, 2018 at 11:15 am
No problem, my dear. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
March 14, 2018 at 11:31 am
Sweet of you Linda😊😊😇💖
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday-Love In A Different Way #SoCS – SOUL CONNECTION
March 11, 2018 at 2:03 pm
So far, I missed posting this on Saturday. But Sunday’s not over…
March 11, 2018 at 5:33 pm
That’s okay, Shan! ❤
LikeLiked by 1 person
March 14, 2018 at 12:00 pm
Thnaks, Linda. I seem to be scrambling a lot more often than I’d prefer, these last bunch of months. First was the way Jim’s business consumed my time, and then the way cancer consumed him and our former way of life…
Pingback: So Far for #SoCS: Stream of Consciousness…Sunday?
March 11, 2018 at 1:41 pm
Could someone tell me how to add a pingback?
March 11, 2018 at 1:47 pm
You did it. Check the comment below this one. 🙂
Pingback: Leave the City Behind – Never Would I Admit
Pingback: boring update – Karyn's Domain
March 11, 2018 at 10:09 am
Pingback: Butterflies – Reena Saxena
March 11, 2018 at 8:06 am
I’m not sure the pingback worked, so here is a link.
Pingback: So Far | Fmme writes poems
Pingback: The wonders of modern technology… #SoCS – cathdean.com
Pingback: SoCS March 10, 2018 – The Bag Lady
Pingback: So Far Have I Come…Stream of Consciousness | a cooking pot and twisted tales
Pingback: So far, I’m okay | My journey to a butterfly
Pingback: #SoCS – Sofa, so good | Linda G. Hill
Pingback: So Far, So Good – Stream of Consciousness Saturday #SoCS | Jeanne Owens, author
Pingback: So Far Away — #SoCS – Spikey Katfish
Pingback: So Far – Stream of Consciousness Saturday – SOCS | teleportingweena
Pingback: april is coming. #socs | what sandra thinks
Pingback: SoCS – So Far Away | This Thing Called Life One Word at a Time
Pingback: So Far, So Good #SoCS | Her Headache
Pingback: So Far As I Know – A Unique Title For Me
Pingback: SoCS: breaking news – Top of JC's Mind
Pingback: #SoCS for 3/10/18 ~ So Far – J-Dubs Grin and Bear It
Pingback: How I became a famous blogger for a day – Quaint Revival
Pingback: SoCS: so far – sixty, single and surviving
Pingback: So far – Randomness Inked
Pingback: A Fallen Kingdom | fabricating fiction
Pingback: SoCS: So Far or As Of? | Mary J Melange
Pingback: The Show So Far… #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: SoCS — So Far, So Good – This, That, and The Other
Pingback: Jury Duty – #SoCS – No Facilities
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Prompt – “So Far.” | Fiction Favorites
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: “So far” | fallonbrownwrites
March 10, 2018 at 3:55 am
Pingback: SoCS – when you need an eloquent way to waffle | Riddle from the Middle
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness 10/3/2018 | willowdot21
Pingback: #SoCS Mar 10/18 – So Far | But I Smile Anyway...
Pingback: Is This Normal? | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: So Far | Notes Tied On The Sagebrush
Pingback: so far – Richmond Road
March 9, 2018 at 1:10 pm
Pingback: #SoCS March 10/18 – “so far” – Ladyleemanila