I think they may just have something here, marketing a shovel that looks happy to get your snow cleared:
even Winston is set to go!
However once the snow gets too deep, Shovel Buddy doesn’t look as enthusiastic:
and Winston agrees.
The rules for Just Jot It January are as follows:
1. It’s never too late to join in! Here, we run on the honour system; the “jot it” part of JusJoJan means that anything you jot down, anywhere (it doesn’t have to be a post, it can even be a grocery list) counts as a “Jot.” If it makes it to your blog that day, great! If it waits a week to get from a sticky note to your screen, no problem!
2. The prompts will be posted every day at 2am my time (GMT -5). You don’t have to follow the prompt word, but this will be where you leave your link for others to see. Make sure you link your post to the correct day’s prompt. There will be a post like this every day except Wednesday, when the prompt is simply my One-Liner Wednesday, and Saturday, when you’ll find the prompt on my usual Friday Reminder post for Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS).
2a. Since today is Wednesday, I challenge you to make your JusJoJan post a one-liner. If you don’t care to, or if you’ve already written your post, no problem. Remember, with One-Liner Wednesday you can write anything – it’s only a prompt to write one line, not necessarily to keep to the same theme as mine. The rules that I’ve made for myself (but don’t always follow) for “One-Liner Wednesday” are:
(i) Make it one sentence.
(ii) Make it either funny or inspirational.
(iii) Use our unique tag #1linerWeds.
(iv) Have fun!
(v) Use our One-Liner Wednesday badge!
3. As long as your blog is on WordPress, you’ll be able to link via pingback. To execute a pingback, just copy the URL from the daily prompt post, and paste it anywhere in your post. Check to make sure your link shows up where you want it to, and go back occasionally to see other bloggers’ entries – the more you visit others, the more they’ll visit you! If you’re participating from another blogging host, just drop a link into the comment section. Note: The newest pingbacks and comments will be at the top.
4. Tag your post JusJoJan and/or #JusJoJan.
5. Write anything! Any length will do! It can even be a photo or a drawing – you’re going to title it, right? There’s your jot!
6. The prompts are here both to remind you and to inspire you to write. However, you don’t have to use the prompt word of the day. You can link any kind of jot back here. Even your shopping list. Note: If it’s 18+ content, please say so in a comment with your link.
7. If you’d like to, use the JusJoJan badge (above) in your post so that others can find your post more easily.
8. Have fun!
If you’d like to look ahead to see the upcoming prompt words, click this link: https://lindaghill.com/2016/12/31/just-jot-it-january-2017-rules/ You can always write your post ahead of time and schedule it to come out on the appropriate day.
January 14, 2017 at 8:29 am
Hi Linda! I getting my post ready for next Wednesday. Question: What time do you post yours so I can link the URL to mine? Thanks, Mary Lou
January 16, 2017 at 10:48 pm
Hi Mary Lou! If all goes well, I post my One-Liner Wednesday at 2am EST, (I’m close to Toronto) which is -5GMT.
Thanks for asking! I’ll look forward to your post. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
January 17, 2017 at 7:58 am
Thanks! I want to schedule mine for after your post. Thanks for all you do ! 🙂 I might try a few of the daily prompts too.
January 17, 2017 at 10:14 am
Wonderful! 🙂 And you’re welcome!
January 12, 2017 at 9:27 pm
Funny post and like the nickname for the smiling shovel.
January 12, 2017 at 11:06 pm
Pingback: Just Jot it January 11 – Il faut que… | Forty, c'est Fantastique !
Pingback: One-Liner Wednesday & #JusJoJan 11/17 Prompt – Shovel Buddy | Darswords
Pingback: One-Liner Wednesday- Peaceful | Margret's Life Journey!
Pingback: Thought I Was Too Tired | Captain Jills Journeys
January 11, 2017 at 10:05 pm
I wrote a post today for JusJoJan. The basic idea of it does actually fit into one line. I even put the quote in my post
“I disagree with what you say, but I’ll defend to the death your right to say it.”
It was actually Evelyn Beatrice Hall who said that, not Voltaire.
Anyway, I was pretty ticked off about some things today and went into quite a long post.
Here’s the link if you want to see why that 1 line is so relevant.
Pingback: One-Liner Wednesday and JustJoJan Day 11 – Creativity | This Thing Called Life One Word at a Time
Pingback: Delete Winter – One-liner Wednesday #1linerWeds #JusJoJan | Jeanne Owens, author
Pingback: One Liner Wednesday-Hammer – Little Pieces Of Me
January 11, 2017 at 6:16 pm
Here’s mine: https://waffle-with-wendy.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/jusjojan-day-11.html
Pingback: #JusJoJan Daily Prompt – Jan. 11th/17 | Just Plain Ol' Vic
Pingback: One-Liner Wednesday & #JusJoJan 11/17 Prompt : The Universe | willowdot21
January 11, 2017 at 2:38 pm
Here’s my (not so) snowy post:
Pingback: One-Liner Wednesday: Farewell President Obama – Loving Me, Too
Pingback: One-Liner Wednesday — Footbollocks | joeyfullystated
Pingback: Mental Escape – One-Liner Wednesday | Me – Who am I?
January 11, 2017 at 11:50 am
(*laughs*) Looks like my cat in the end there. Usako was not impressed with the snow, but our dog Sissy was!
Pingback: Time Confusion – One-Liner Wednesday | martha0stout
Pingback: I Heard This A Lot In School… #JusJoJan #1LinerWeds – The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: One-Liner Wednesday: family and country – Top of JC's Mind
Pingback: Writing Wednesday: Between the Spaces | fallonbrownwrites
Pingback: One-Liner Wednesday – Cleaning Crew | No Facilities
January 11, 2017 at 6:42 am
I want to stay inside with Winston. Stay warm. Drink hot liquids. Eat. Stay away from snow.
Pingback: One-Liner Wednesday: Right! | Mary J Melange
January 11, 2017 at 4:31 am
😀 I am with him.
LikeLiked by 1 person
January 11, 2017 at 4:05 am
January 11, 2017 at 3:59 am
HaHA! I don’t blame Winston. 🙂
Pingback: Internal Light | Notes Tied On The Sagebrush
January 11, 2017 at 3:54 am
Can’t say I blame Winston!
Pingback: #JusJoJan 11/17 / #One-Liner Wednesday | But I Smile Anyway...
January 11, 2017 at 2:19 am
January 11, 2017 at 2:17 am
I wont lie… If I saw a happy face every time I shoveled snow I would start to get reeeeeal aggravated that he’s having such a good time!
LikeLiked by 2 people
Pingback: #JusJoJan 11/17 Prompt – Shovel Buddy – Ladyleemanila
Pingback: #JusJoJan January 11th and One-Liner Wednesday Sexual Contact - Edwina's Episodes
Pingback: One liner Wednesday: Alternative dictionary… | Diary of an Internet Nobody.