It’s Friday again and time for your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. And it’s my turn again! Thanks so much to Dan and Joey for taking over for me for the last two weeks. Hope they treated you all well! Seems from here that they did a great job!! I’m actually no less busy. In fact I’m probably more busy than I was for the last couple of weeks. I won’t be around much, but I’ll do my best to look at as many of your SoCS posts as I can. Here’s your prompt for this week:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “well.” Use it any way you like. Have fun!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here at this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: Caroline Elizabeth: A Cherished Life | What oft was thought
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Wednesday: The Accumulator, part forty six. – RETURN OF THE INTERNET NOBODY
Pingback: My Heart Replies. #SoCS – Well then – The Secret Letters to Timbo
Pingback: Well, finally | My journey to a butterfly
Pingback: I’m dropping the cute (#socs) – HIP TO BE SNARK
Pingback: well. #socs | what sandra thinks
Pingback: Well Enough – Stream of Consciousness Saturday #SoCS | Jeanne Owens, author
Pingback: #SoCS Oct. 14/17… Well … | Sascha Darlington's Microcosm Explored
Pingback: SoCS — Well | joeyfullystated
Pingback: #SoCS – Well then | Linda G. Hill
Pingback: Revulsion | Notes Tied On The Sagebrush
October 14, 2017 at 2:16 pm
Well into settling in!
Pingback: Colder Than a Well Digger’s Ass – A Unique Title For Me
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: Well | willowdot21
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – SOCS – Well | teleportingweena
Pingback: #SoCS October 14, 2017 ~ Well – J-Dubs Grin and Bear It
Pingback: Well What Can I Say – The Green Horseman
Pingback: succumbing to aging and not feeling well – Karyn's Domain
Pingback: I need to stumble – Leaking Ink
Pingback: All Dressed Up – sixty, single and surviving
Pingback: SoCS — Wishing Well – This, That, and The Other
Pingback: Well, Well, Well… #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: SOCS prompt for this week is Well – Therapy Bits
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: “Well” | fallonbrownwrites
Pingback: SoCS – world shifts in hydration | Riddle from the Middle
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Prompt “Well.” | Fiction Favorites
Pingback: Time For A Change – No Facilities
Pingback: SoCS:well | NOT MY SECRET…overcoming the shame of sexual abuse
Pingback: #SoCS Well
Pingback: SoCS October 14, 2017 – The Bag Lady
Pingback: Imbalance – Reena Saxena
Pingback: #SoCS Oct. 14/17 – Well | But I Smile Anyway...
October 13, 2017 at 6:30 pm
The eve before SoCS: do you have any idea why my last two ‘pingbacks’ haven’t worked for my entry? They’ve worked prior: I copy the address/link and then link it in my wordpress post. I also use the same technique for the daily prompts and the weekly photo challenge – both work. Just curious. I’ll paste my address in the comments section if it doesn’t work again tomorrow. 🙂
October 13, 2017 at 7:54 pm
Sounds like it should work. Can you give me a link to one of them and I’ll have a look?
October 14, 2017 at 9:50 am
The second link brought me to the correct page (although i did the first link the same way: from the page I wanted my post on) – regardless, it worked.
October 13, 2017 at 6:20 pm
Reblogged this on All About Writing and more.
October 13, 2017 at 5:51 pm
Glad you’re “happy” busy!