Welcome to Friday here on my blog, complete with your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. I’ve been busy this week writing a story for an anthology that’s going to be all sex. It’ll be coming out (pun unintended but inevitable) under my pseudonym, so don’t look for details here … I can let you know more if you’re interested. Anyhoo, I only mention it because I can’t stop laughing as I write and I’m not sure this is a good thing. Funny smut is allowed, isn’t it?
Here’s your prompt:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “tail/tale.” Use one, used them both, you decide. Enjoy!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here at this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our new SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: Fandango’s Flashback Friday — February 10th – This, That, and the Other
Pingback: #SoCS Tail or Tale | Judy E Martin
Pingback: #SoCS Feb 17/18 – His/Her | But I Smile Anyway...
February 12, 2018 at 3:06 pm
Hii Linda. My #SoCS was ready but my urgent work kept me away from Site. Now tht I posted, Sharing my link here..
February 15, 2018 at 11:10 am
Thanks, my dear. Sometimes real life just has to come first, eh? 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
February 15, 2018 at 12:26 pm
So true Linda and Thank you so much ..you always accept my late submission ..😊😊😊💖
February 15, 2018 at 1:51 pm
I totally understand. ❤
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: Stream Of Consciousness Saturday- Butterflies #SoCS – SOUL CONNECTION