Celebrate with Ritu, and get her book of poetry for free! 😀 ❤
Friday, September 1st, 5:00pm
Joel and Holly
(Sitting on the bus, second seat on the right)
Joel: Look, I know you don’t want to get caught, but …
Holly: But what? If my husband finds out we’re together, he’ll kill me.
Joel: (holds her hand) But, I was going to say, I can’t live without you. I love you. And anyway, he’s going to find out about the baby sooner or later.
Holly: I can tell him it’s his.
Joel: Yeah right. And when it comes out Asian?
Holly: (whining) Ohh, what are we going to do?
She puts her head on his shoulder and he kisses her hair
Joel: We’ll figure it out, babe.
Next stop: Saturday September 2nd, 3:00pm
It’s Friday! And that means it’s time for your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. My eldest son is celebrating his 23rd birthday tomorrow, so it’s gonna be a busy one for Mom. Somehow I managed to have all my kids in the fall … and so it begins. Here’s your SoCS prompt for this week:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “birth/berth.” Use one, use ’em both, but whatever you do, have fun!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here at this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our brand new SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!