Hello Friday! And hello you! It’s time for your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. I’ve been crazy busy this week with Alex home. We went bowling yesterday, where I discovered muscles I’d forgotten I had. Who knew bowling could be a workout? Here’s your prompt:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “bodily function.” Decide on one or write about a whole bunch of bodily functions. Bonus inspiration: here’s a website. Enjoy!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here to this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
It’s publication day for The Magician’s Blood! The second book of The Great Dagmaru Gothic paranormal romance series is a fair shade darker than the first, The Magician’s Curse.
The magician, Stephen, and his lovely assistant, Herman, are heading off on tour after their difficult beginning. But surprises await them as her father makes a prediction and Stephen’s incubus bloodline makes itself known for the first time in generations. Can Stephen and Herman’s love endure?
“… I could not put this book down! Much like the curse that holds Stephen Dagmar under its control, I tore into this book, reading into the wee hours …” ~ Colleen Chesebro (read her full 5 star review here on her blog).
The official description of the book:
Award-winning author Linda G. Hill brings you the second book in her modern-day Gothic romance series.
Herman Anderson is in love. Thrilled to travel across Canada with her boyfriend as his assistant onstage, she returns to her hometown—the first stop on the Great Dagmaru magic tour. Anticipating a reunion with her brother, instead she finds her family has moved without a trace.
Stephen Dagmar’s career as a stage magician is taking off. With Herman by his side, his only concern is her father’s dislike for him. But as Herman’s father makes a prediction and resolves to come between them, Stephen’s family curse returns to haunt him.
Darkness descends as the reality of the Dagmar’s incubus bloodline surfaces for the first time in over a generation. Can Herman and Stephen’s relationship survive this new trial? Will Herman survive at all?
A sinful tale of beauty and romance, love and determination, The Magician’s Blood will chill you and leave you breathless for more.
*18+ Contains explicit scenes.
The Magician’s Blood has been a very long time coming. My own blood, sweat, and tears have gone into it … much of the sweat over the editing of it, and what should stay in and what should be edited out. In the end I’m still sweating, hoping you’re going to enjoy reading it as much as I loved writing it.